Fingers crossed

By NotASize0 - 04/04/2013 15:12 - Denmark

Today, while shopping for a birthday present for my size 0 friend, I picked out a pair of pants for her. When paying, the cashier looked me up and down and said, "Well, you're pretty optimistic aren't you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 675
You deserved it 4 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stevenJB 25

Ah, whatever happened to "I'll shut the hell up and do my job" (⌒-⌒; ) ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

kevinnicki4life 9

That sucks OP. Some people truly need a filter.

Comments

baileymariee 10

Even if you were buying them for yourself, it's none of her damn business.

olpally 32

Correct response to this would be "and I'm pretty optimistic you're being a ******* jackass right now" :) what a bitch for a cashier.

obviousboy 8

Correct response: this is a gift for a friend, and I'm quite comfortable in my own skin, thank you. Unless you aren't, then you should get on that. :P

So far we have 3 "correct responses." Which one is actually right?

fed_up_thespian 9

'jumble of loud letters' made me snort an unreasonable amount. Kudos on that one :)

RpiesSPIES 27

If I were a woman, I'd be happy to not be a size 0. That is far too skinny, imo... Granted I've the BMI of a 15 or 16 yr old.

BMI is adjusted for age. There is no such thing as a "BMI of a 15 or 16-year-old".

21, it's a big differense if a 1,90cm long person is size 0 or if it's a 1,50 cm. Just thought you should have that in mind, not all are the same.

rabidpeach 5

mfflicious, people arent 1.5 cm tall. please learn units.

That's how we write it here, too bad if it's not the same way in your country and you haven't bothered to learn that things are not written the same way everywhere.

yoursucklives 36

#100 you should learn to write/read. you clearly wrote 1,90 cm, and 1,50 cm. and people really aren't that short. you mean 1,90/1,50m.

musicluvr2000 11

#121 relax its just a bunch of people arguing.

Maybe you should learn to read 116? She just said that that is the way people write in her country. I don't know which country writes it that way but, assuming she's telling the truth, and atm I don't have any reason to believe otherwise (I often see people divide the thousands like that - 1,100 instead of 1000 - so it's not that crazy to think that a different country might do that with hundreds), I don't see why you have to be so rude.

138 - there are two different systems for writing large numbers. North America uses periods to denote fractional amounts while usung commas for numbers larger than 3 digits to make it easier to read (1,000.00). Many European countries use the opposite system (1.000,00). It just takes some getting used to.

I'm a size 00 and I'm perfectly healthy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being slender, as long as you aren't sacrificing your physical/mental health and well-being to get there. Fast metabolism means I'll stay this way no matter what until it slows down, but I still have curves and I'm still quite strong for my size, so go suck an egg :P

Meant to thumb you up. Sorry, but your comment wins!

Optimism is very rarely a bad thing. The cashier obviously doesn't understand that, and that's their loss not yours.