FEED ME, HOOMIN

By My cat is special - 21/04/2023 05:00 - United States

Today, my cat ate the dog's food and is now very sick. For the third time. The first time he did it, I was concerned; second time, I was confused. Now I realize he's just an idiot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 655
You deserved it 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how the **** is the cat supposed to know the difference? food is food

kristinagir 11

Apparently he gets it from his owner. If he got sick the first time why the **** would you let it happen 2 more times?

Comments

They sell electric food bowls that will only open if they read the right chip, either a microchip or one on the pet’s collar. If the cat eating and getting sick off of the wrong food is a recurring issue then getting one of those for the dog and leaving the cat’s food out normally may help fix the issue?

You could also only feed both pets at the same time, at set times, e.g. put both bowls on the kitchen floor at 7 am and 7 pm. The dog will wolf down his food, and the cat won't be able to go into it.

how the **** is the cat supposed to know the difference? food is food

Cat food contains more meat and less veggies than dog food. Saying "food is food" in that context would be like eating hay because rabbits do it.

kristinagir 11

Apparently he gets it from his owner. If he got sick the first time why the **** would you let it happen 2 more times?

my dog and cat trade food all the time if I let them, they're ridiculous

This, I cannot stress this enough, can be FATAL to your cat. Cats are obligate carnivores, they're not made to digest anything but meat. Cat food is designed this way. Dogs are omnivores, and their food does have things in it other than meat. Cats CANNOT digest dog food, it will make them very sick as you noticed, and your cat can die from this. You need to take steps to make sure this behavior stops completely. Someone else said having a designated feeding time, which is a good idea, but once the dog walks away, take the food. Do not under any circumstances just leave the dog food out. Most cats are smart enough that it's not as big a deal, but clearly yours is not (I have an idiot too so I feel you here) so you have to protect his life for him.