Fancy seeing you here

By Alyssa - 19/10/2009 19:37 - United States

Today, my manager mentioned that she'd hired a "cute boy" to help me out at work with paperwork. The "cute boy" was my ex-fiancé and now I have to be with him in an office for 30 some hours a week while his current fiancée brings him lunch everyday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 957
You deserved it 3 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why is this guy automatically the bad guy for being the ex? She's the ex too. Maybe she was the dip shit in the relationship. Honestly, it's not that bad that he's working with you. I feel bad for you if this is all it takes for you to get upset. And for everyone saying "I hate all men" or "he sounds like a loser" should all go choke on a dick haha. None of you know what he may or may not of done wrong.

Comments

Notice she didn't say who dumped who. If u dumped him and now want him back, suggest a threesome... What? It might work... Worked on me.

I'd just try to make his life miserable by telling him how glad you are without him. He will either turn stalkerish, in which case he'd end up in trouble at work, or quit, in which case it's no problem anymore. FYL anyway.

When his gf comes with his lunch sneak outside and dump a bottle of break fluid on her car, as long as she doesn't wash her car for a couple of days it should do some damage to her paint...just don't get caught haha

Why is this guy automatically the bad guy for being the ex? She's the ex too. Maybe she was the dip shit in the relationship. Honestly, it's not that bad that he's working with you. I feel bad for you if this is all it takes for you to get upset. And for everyone saying "I hate all men" or "he sounds like a loser" should all go choke on a dick haha. None of you know what he may or may not of done wrong.

startafire 0

He's the bad guy for applying to work where his ex-fiance works. I had an ex like that who would purposely try to get near me to flaunt his new flings. I get the impression that this is what is going on here..

That's not necessarily true if she happened to not be working there when they broke it off. You're right if it happens to be the other way around though - he's a creep and a stalker then. The good news is that if that's the case, then she can get him fired for it.

MiddleChild08 0

She didn't say that he knew she worked there. They have obviously been broken up for a while, since he already has a new fiance, so he might not have known that she worked there/still worked there, or he may have applied for a different position and ended up with that one. I mean he could be doing it just to get at her, but he has obviously moved on. It's not like he is flaunting his new girlfriend. It's his fiance, so I doubt that he use her to get to the OP, because unless his fiance is just plain dumb she would pick up on that, and then he would have two ex-fiance's.

Exactly. Whoever said anything about him doing it on purpose or even KNOWN about her being there? It's probably an awkward situation for him too. It's not necessarily her not getting over him or whatever other crap, it's just way too awkward, even if it were a relationship that ended on a good note.

Actually, if you are fortunate enough to work for a company whose policy forbids working in such a manner with someone you have a relationship with (whether past or present), then you have legal right to demand he be assigned elsewhere and your boss can't do a thing about it. Granted you might be the one to get fired instead of him, but it's worth a gamble.

MiddleChild08 0

Just go along with your work! This is not a big deal...I worked all summer last year with a girl who was trying to get my fiance to dump me for her. It did not affect my work at all, and it was funny to see the look on her face when he came to see me or to bring me lunch. And why does everyone hate the guy? Girls aren't perfect, she's the ex too. And I'm pretty sure his current fiance is a lot more uncomfortable with this situation than you are. If you were over him it wouldn't bother you that much.

Dude. You're his boss now. You can keep him after hours or basically make his life a living hell. And if you still have feelings for him, request someone else.

Sun_Kissed18 25

YEAH, that way she can totally get revenge for...what exactly? Grow up.

at least he's doing your paperwork so he's like your little bitch now. go make him fetch you some coffee too