Family is everything

By Anonymous - 26/08/2021 17:01 - United States - Stoughton

Today, I thought I would take my family to the beach for the day. My wife is sitting on the front porch, not talking to me, because after working a 60-hour week, I would rather enjoy my family and the fruits of my labor, rather than help her clean the house that she has spent all week at, doing nothing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 037
You deserved it 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taylor_b22 7

If you have multiple children there’s a big chance she’s been busting her ass too

if you have multiple children that she's kept alive, your house is dirty but livable and she's kept the place running, chances are she's worked more than your 60 hours and you probably said something stupid like you did here and THAT'S why she's not speaking to you. stay at home mom is a full time job that she never ever gets a break from, including at the beach. she doesn't get to clock out and go home.

Comments

Corey Blair Janvier 3

Oh I feel you man I truly do, please let me remind of the awesome person you are, you did nothing wrong it's unfortunate that she can't see the things through your eyes, empathy is amazing when remembered

taylor_b22 7

If you have multiple children there’s a big chance she’s been busting her ass too

Michael Wood_279567485 8

Yeah, but there are a lot of narcissists who consider the full time job of child raising as "nothing". If he worked a 60 hour week and she did "nothing" at home, the children would be dead from starvation by now.... so let's assume that "nothing" is inaccurate and accept we don't know the whole story.

He said so but it does not mean it is true. If he has little kids (he does say he would like to enjoy his family) she has been taking care of, then YDI. If she really did nothing, then yes, FYL.

anxiousqueen 8

I mean, if the kids are still alive she clearly did something.

Warp1978 15

I have three kids and I c Spend two hours + doing house work and my house looks like someone had a house party in it. If I want it to look spotless my wife or I have to take the kids out while the other hits the house work hard. Leave the house work and take your wife to the beach, she needs it

And your wife not talking to you when she's mad at you is a bad thing? I'd bet you if she did talk to you, it'd be rather unpleasant. Enjoy the silence.

slhiggx 17

This is one sided. From her point of view I bet you’re the bad guy too. Communication is vital to make a relationship cordial.

if you have multiple children that she's kept alive, your house is dirty but livable and she's kept the place running, chances are she's worked more than your 60 hours and you probably said something stupid like you did here and THAT'S why she's not speaking to you. stay at home mom is a full time job that she never ever gets a break from, including at the beach. she doesn't get to clock out and go home.

Yeah, stay at home parent isn't anywhere as difficult as mainstream ideas would have people believe and they get a TON of breaks. Stop that bullshit right there.

BatCatTaco 13

Did she then leave you for a week to "punish" you?

wysegirl 24

I know your pain. My husband is the same way. Between work, college, and kids I should also be doing the housework too.