Exciting

By Anonymous - 23/07/2021 11:01

Today, I had a crucial volleyball playoff game. My dad came to watch. While in a set, my friend pointed over to the bench where my dad was sitting. I turned to see my dad snoring loudly as a result of him falling asleep. He achieved this with loudly cheering people all around him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 918
You deserved it 89

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As a working dad I can sympathize. I don’t know what else he’s been doing but if he’s been working long hours like many in this pandemic, and sacrificed his sleep to be there, cut him a little slack.

No need for "what-about-ism" here. Volleyball matches are long, and golf is interminable! It's not fair to associate the dad's falling asleep with lack of interest -- the poor guy could simply be exhausted.

Comments

News Flash! Not everyone considers long sporting events as "crucial." Pretty much everything besides the 100-m dash is long enough to sneak a nap in.

Nikki 16

I wouldn’t exactly call volleyball long, it’s not like watching golf either where there are long gaps between plays. It’s his child and he should be able to show interest in their interests.

No need for "what-about-ism" here. Volleyball matches are long, and golf is interminable! It's not fair to associate the dad's falling asleep with lack of interest -- the poor guy could simply be exhausted.

Nikki 16

Well your opinion of long is completely different to mine Your point was about the sport being too long and not crucial enough to the dad, not about how tired he was. I’d also be upset if my parent fell asleep during something I cared about

phybreawptic 13

But the lights came on when you went home and flipped the switch, huh? Maybe he's tired from work. And as already mentioned, it's possible he doesn't share your level of sentiment towards volleyball.

It’s easy to fall asleep even in a loud environment when you’re really tired.

hit him in the head with a volleyball

As a working dad I can sympathize. I don’t know what else he’s been doing but if he’s been working long hours like many in this pandemic, and sacrificed his sleep to be there, cut him a little slack.

Sometimes our consistency puts others at ease