Easy mistake

By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I was at QuickTrip. As I was leaving, I passed a woman who was saying, "Stay!" very sternly through her open driver's side door. I smiled as I passed, saying, "Your dog wants to follow you huh? I've been there." She glared at me and said, "No. That's my son. He's mentally challenged." FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 004
You deserved it 26 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who the hell would leave their mentally challenged child alone in the car?!

RNCftw 0

what kind of mother says "stay" to her child? i don't care if he's mentally challenged or not, you don't talk to him like he's a pet.

Comments

ramonajay 0

Man, I would have done the same thing. As long as you apologized and she wasn't a bitch about it, it's all probably okay.

What parent would leave his or her mentally challenged child alone in a car, and also speak to that child like a dog? OP was definitely not acting out of line by assuming it was a dog.

That lady seems pretty rude..... I work at Quiktrip...THERES NO C...in Quiktrip. And there are plenty of idiotic people that leave their kids in their car.

My mom leaves me and my sister (me watching my sister) in the car all the time, she snot an idiot, its just that she doesn't want to hear me complaining that I wanted to stay home or in the car and my sister is very difficult to shop with.

Yeah. And my mom leaves me in the car sometimes if I want to and just lie down or play on my iPhone or whatever without having to walk everywhere around the store.

meddude 0

that bitch treats her son like a dog? she should burn in hell.

#12 am i a bad person for laughing at that?

My response would of been "Oh, I see where he gets it from"

tash14 1

I don't know what a Quiktrip is, but I'm guessing it's something like a 7-11? My mother used to let me sit in the car all the time when she would run in for like 2 minutes. The only problem is that she probably should not have left a mentally challenged child in the car. However, those of you who are bashing her for saying "stay" are ridiculous. I would assume that most (albeit, not all) of you probably have no clue how to deal with mentally challenged children. My little brother has Down Syndrome and sometimes short, stern, phrases are the best way to get your point across in a timely manner. It's not treating them like a dog or treating them badly, it's recognizing that they do not think in the same way that we do.

tash14 1

You have the right to your opinion. But I think most people are taking this woman's/mother's attitude out of context. I highly doubt she puts her child on the same level as a dog.