By Owww - 10/07/2018 19:00

Today, I went to the dentist at 8:30 for a check up. I walked out at 2:00 with a root canal and several thousand dollars in debt. I guess I'm not having a wedding this year or quitting the job I hate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 693
You deserved it 438

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you could've spaced out the dental work accordingly. since you only went in for a check up it doesn't sound like it was an emergency.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Why does a wedding need to cost an arm and a leg? I had a simple garden wedding and spent $300.00. The person is the important thing . As for your job don't wait till you find something better. These are first world problems.

Comments

thatslifeiguess7 16

Why does a wedding need to cost an arm and a leg? I had a simple garden wedding and spent $300.00. The person is the important thing . As for your job don't wait till you find something better. These are first world problems.

Actually, people having to go into massive debt and make painful sacrifices in their personal lives just to fix a basic healthcare problem sounds more like a third world problem to me. Third World or the United States, that is...

Yeah, you should totally quit your job when you just are several thousand dollars in debt. Sounds like a great idea.

blightsight 10

You're not supposed to quit your job before you have another one in place.

If you can't afford this bill than you should definitely not spend a lot of money on a wedding. You should only spend bit amounts of money on unnecessary things in live if you still have enough left for situations like this.

You shouldn’t have been such a pushover at the dentist. By the way, I need to borrow about $2000. It’s really important.

Like, if you weren’t having symptoms, you couldn’t have waited to get dental insurance?

you could've spaced out the dental work accordingly. since you only went in for a check up it doesn't sound like it was an emergency.

Weddings are overrated. They lead to divorces that are even more expensive and less pleasant than the root canal.

tounces7 27

You spent several thousand just for a root canal? It should have been around 700-1100 total, even including the X-rays and office visit. Where in the world was this?

Did your dentist used to be a car salesman? He got you good

Interesting. All the dentists I've seen have demanded insurance coverage and co-pays up front, or cash payments before they'd do any work.

Many work with Care Credit. And a lot of people already have credit cards.