Easy mistake

By helper - 01/12/2009 06:15 - Costa Rica

Today, while dining at a restaurant I heard a women choking. I immediately ran to her, wrapped my arms around her and started giving her abdominal thrusts. She freed herself and slapped me. Turns out she wasn't choking, she was just laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 668
You deserved it 34 821

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Former lifeguard here: When you suspect someone is choking, you always identify yourself and ask if they need help first. If they need help, they will point at their throat and nod 'yes'. Grabbing someone from behind without warning may actually cause them to choke. YDI.

If she was really choking, you wouldn't hear anything.

Comments

thingamajiga 5

Apparently you've never actually heard someone choke or have been choked before. It doesn't sound like a laughter. At all.

You're kidding right? There's this little thing called consent...if you touch someone, even it's to help them, without their permission, they can sue you for assault. Dumbass.

i completely admire your enthusiasm to help an individual in need' haha on the flip side, its pretty amazing youve mistaken this womens laugh for a 'choke'. two thumbs up man you made my day.

Today, while dining in a restaurant, some weirdo wrapped his arms around my torso and started humping me.

I was an emt. when you come upon an unconscious person or one in distress, ask "are you ok?" ask it exactly like that, as some people don't speak English, but even foreigners understand the word "okay."

FreakingFYou 13

are you even trained in first aid? if not then what you did would be normal. but if you are and actually know how to do abdominal thrusts, then you should know what choking would really sound and look like and you are a dumb@$$.

delfino1604 24

have you ever heard of the universal sign?

YDI OP. you should get them to cough first, then firm patting on the back to dislodge it. You're a massive retard.