Drunken antics

By qx5 - 08/01/2011 22:05 - Canada

Today, I put my paycheck in my wallet, intending to cash it in the next day. Later on, I met up with a friend and went to a party. I ended up getting so drunk, I gave away my $400 check in exchange for a pack of smokes, thinking it was a $5 bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 522
You deserved it 58 077

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for being so drunk you mistook a $400 check for a $5 bill.

Comments

they can't cash it unless u sign it to them. fail.

**** your life for getting a pack of $5 cigarettes for free? They can't cash your check if you didn't sign it, and since you were "so drunk", and you couldn't see the difference between a check and dollar bill, I doubt you took the time to whip out a pen and sign your name in the proper place. You can cancel your check, and when it gets cancelled, you can request a new one.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. You got lucky, OP. Free fags and a free life lesson, all you have to do is wait a few days for the process of a new cheque request.

treebush 0

the check was from his work. he didnt sign it. his employer did.

Err, #51; On the back of the check you have to sign before cashing or depositing to your bank or any type of money servicing place. I'm sure his boss signed off on the check, but it's not about his boss.

I think they mean sign it on the back allowing someone else to cash it but I could be wrong

mandypandypants 4

haha the crazy shit people do when theyre drunk. take this as a lesson learned and never leave your paycheck in your wallet when youre planning on getting shitfaced.

sallen0046 4

Unless you're a complete moron and endorsed the check before you put it in your wallet, it doesn't matter because they can't cash it. It shouldn't be difficult to get your employer to cancel that check and issue a new one. If you're not bright enough to manage to do that, you don't deserve a pay check in the first place.

TheDrifter 23

Hopefully whatever bank they take it to cares enough to check whatever signature they put on it as your endorsement. Maybe you'll get lucky and it was a drunk friend you gave it to and he'll give it back when he sobers up.

bazingaman10 0

I'd say that's a pretty fair trade off.......NOT!!!

bazingaman10 0

That sounds like a fair trade.......NOT!!!!!!!

LightningLadyy 0

So nice you had to say it twice?

lil_lala209 5

you are clearly an idiot... YDI

MustangMan29 13

whoever took it is retarded because they can't cash it