By Anonymous - 23/08/2017 23:15

Today, I had money set out to pay bills, for a gift, and to put in a card as my cousin's wedding gift. I was rushing and not paying attention and ended up putting all of the money in the wedding card. $400 from one person. I guess I'll have no cable or cell phone this month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 027
You deserved it 2 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kiwi2K17 7

Try explaining it as nicely as you possibly can to your cousin about the situation and maybe they may understand?

Literally just call, communicate, talk. These are your bills, what you need to pay to live. Ask them with an urgency as if you lost money to keep it polite. Most people DO NOT CARE and WILL NOT HATE YOU over stuff like this. Bad relationships are seen and stick out more because their more entertaining. Just ask!

Comments

Kiwi2K17 7

Try explaining it as nicely as you possibly can to your cousin about the situation and maybe they may understand?

Literally just call, communicate, talk. These are your bills, what you need to pay to live. Ask them with an urgency as if you lost money to keep it polite. Most people DO NOT CARE and WILL NOT HATE YOU over stuff like this. Bad relationships are seen and stick out more because their more entertaining. Just ask!

Sounds like your cousin is going to have a great honeymoon!

How can you not pay attention while paying bills? That's just asking for a disaster.

I never get how in the States you guys don't have automatic billing on anything? Over here everything is done straight away without us having to send any money anywhere ourselves. Get some direct debits people!!!

We do, why some people don't is beyond me. I have it and it's wonderful because I never have to worry about a thing.

Although I 99% agree with you, bills can also mean things you need to pay cash for. Car repairs, home repair labor. And phone bills may be phone cards, or he is paying someone who pays his bills for him (his parents, or cash to someone who sells prepaid cards for cheap) Not all bills are online, not everything can be autopaid!

We have the option, but not everyone chooses to have it. I use it for my TV bill, but not my electricity bill because I work a minimum wage job, getting paid every two weeks, and I'm not guaranteed to have the amount for my energy bill the day it's due. I support myself so I'm usually out of money by the time I get paid again.

Ayame_46&2 6

same here and when you live pay check to pay check auto pay ***** you bad. Cause it never come out on time and not worth the risk of overdrawing your bank account..

that's just idiotic to be s o careless and then not say anything.

your paying your bills by sending cash through the mail??? ydi. that's ridiculous.

sarahcroy20 12

You pay your bills with cash? Thats really not wise. If its lost in the mail you have no proof you've paid.