Don't push your luck

By go choke on a gonad - 08/08/2013 13:13 - United States - Dayton

Today, my fiancé asked for money to bail his brother out of jail, the same brother who happily spent a whole day recently trying to convince my fiancé that I've been cheating on him with my own cousin. So I said no. He shook his head in disgust and said that I'm "unbelievably spiteful". FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 284
You deserved it 5 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's one delinquent asshole like that in every family. If you think your family doesn't have one, it's you.

TheWhiteLotus - I see you're new here, so I'll be as helpful as possible. What I said is something called a "joke" which used a device called "sarcasm" to create something called "humour". I (try to) do that a lot around here, as do many others. Got it? Good. I do this because I care and I'm a nice ******* guy.

Comments

nevershouttami 11

Kinda wondering now as to why he was thrown in jail in the first place.

kunlunkid 3

I dunno. Seems pretty believably spiteful to me. You're not part of that family yet, so I don't see why you should feel charitably inclined towards someone who clearly doesn't like you. I'm sure he wouldn't give your guy money to bail *you* out of jail.

Thank you 53 for getting the reference. I guess less people read OPS's name than I expected.

You can't be faulted for not wanting to bail his brother out of jail. I understand your position completely. That being said however, and I say this as a brother (the eldest of three), you might have just sabotaged your relationship with your fiance. At the end of the day, no matter what the brother might have done, he is your fiance's brother.

Meddling family members never end well

Putting aside the fact your fiances brother tried to break the relationship up... Why should you bail him out if jail? He did something to land himself there in the first place. Maybe spending some wasted time behind bars will change his mind on pulling whatever stunt he did. I understand that some people get thrown into jail over some very minor stuff and perhaps doing the bail that one time may solve things but then there are times when you have to say no when it comes to shit that's beyond minor. There was no specification on the degree of what your in law brother did to get him there but I am going to imagine it wasn't minor and congratulate you for still saying no on the bail even if it makes you appear to be a spiteful person.

You sure you want to marry into this family??