Rage against the machine

By argument invalid? - 27/02/2019 16:00

Today, I got written up and may be placed under suspension due to my recent 5 consecutive day unscheduled absence. When I told them I was on a Bereavement Leave, they still will not accept my excuse because its still considered as "unscheduled". FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 294
You deserved it 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Start looking for another job. If you want to be a nice guy, give notice when you quit. But they've proved how little you mean to them, so walking out would be wholly appropriate.

How rude of your loved one to die without giving two weeks’ notice! Notwithstanding the final indiscretion, I’m sorry for your loss.

Comments

How rude of your loved one to die without giving two weeks’ notice! Notwithstanding the final indiscretion, I’m sorry for your loss.

I've said that to an employer before -- "It was really thoughtful of my friend to die on a Friday evening so that I would miss less work."

Start looking for another job. If you want to be a nice guy, give notice when you quit. But they've proved how little you mean to them, so walking out would be wholly appropriate.

bloopaloop 27

Do they have a bereavement leave policy? Did you have the leave days? Did you tell them you were taking the leave before you left? I'm sorry for everyone loosing someone, but we all gotta have our ducks in a row

Did you inform them you needed the time off on bereavement grounds, or did you just stop showing up without telling them why? If the former, you should be able to challenge that, if the latter, well you screwed yourself over.

Did you not tell your boss before you took off? That's the only way this makes any sense.

slkeithh 14

I wonder about this one. Did you alert your supervisors of the family emergency? Did you tell them you wouldn't be present for the next five days? Did they say Okay? If not, and if you just assumed to so long on pure assumption, YDI.

Paul B. Gyurcsanszky 14

If it was a death in your family and you work in the United States they legally cannot write you up. Read the Family and Medical Leave Act.