Don't push your luck

By go choke on a gonad - 08/08/2013 13:13 - United States - Dayton

Today, my fiancé asked for money to bail his brother out of jail, the same brother who happily spent a whole day recently trying to convince my fiancé that I've been cheating on him with my own cousin. So I said no. He shook his head in disgust and said that I'm "unbelievably spiteful". FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 284
You deserved it 5 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's one delinquent asshole like that in every family. If you think your family doesn't have one, it's you.

TheWhiteLotus - I see you're new here, so I'll be as helpful as possible. What I said is something called a "joke" which used a device called "sarcasm" to create something called "humour". I (try to) do that a lot around here, as do many others. Got it? Good. I do this because I care and I'm a nice ******* guy.

Comments

You did the right thing OP. A guy like that deserves zero sympathy.

No, I hate this excuse "well he is family so..." we have to go out of our way to cater to him. When my brother broke into our neighbors house and stole some jewelry, we let him sit in jail for six months. He earned the punishment. He was lucky the judge was lenient. We supported him, but we did not let familiar ties blind us to their real faults.

Maybe you should just be the bigger person and help. I know it's hard, but it's the right thing.

Why is bailing him out the right thing? He broke the law and therefore had to go to jail. He was an asshole to his brother's fiancé and now has nobody to bail him out. Both of these things are his fault. The OP is not responsible for getting this guy out of trouble.

I'm not saying OP has to bail him out unless he's innocent because maybe we're jumping to conclusions in saying he deserves going to jail. Don't get me wrong the brother is a total ass, but he's also soon to be family. Sorry if you interpreted what I said wrong 23.

You don't teach people lessons by letting them get away with shit all the time, without consequences.

Even if he IS innocent, OP doesn't have to bail him out! He was a douche and ended up burning one of his bridges.The lesson he needs to learn is that if you treat people badly, they won't be around when you need them.

Sounds like the brother's trying to ruin your relationship. When he eventually gets out of jail, I seriously advise you to be careful around him and never enter any situation alone with him. Avoid him like the plague. And you didn't mention whether or not your fiancee believed you. If there are serious trust issues going on, deal with them before marriage.

His brother is an asshole. Since you decided not to bail him out, I have a feeling he's about to become a quite experienced asshole ;)

LithFlavored 10

Well his brother can stay there. If your fiancé can't see what a douche he's being then maybe you guys need to have a chat

Obey_StudBoii 23

Hey you did the right thing by saying no. You do the crime, you do the time.

And your fiance doesn't have the money himself because…?

Maybe he does but it still wasn't enough and needed more funds. Some bails are set high.

If it was so high, then what the brother done can't be good. Still think he should sit for a bit

I would've told him go choke on a dick.