Don't do drugs, kids

By Anonymous - 08/11/2013 17:43 - United States - Omaha

Today, I've been awake for nearly three days due to homework and my mom's wedding preparations, so I took some Adderall to keep me awake at school. I took too much, totally zoned out in class, became hopelessly fascinated by my own hand, and was accused of doing drugs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 764
You deserved it 22 430

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well... You kind of were doing "drugs" if you want to get technical. That does rather suck.

CommentModerated 17

Not exactly a false accusation.

Comments

codfishy74 9

Having taken it properly and having friends that do it recreationally, I'd put out there that in my combined experience, it's one of those things that are reversed if you are add ADHD or similar. Obviously I'm not an expert. But theres a reason people who genuinely need it never abuse it. Because most of them (after you get past the take for necessity part) hate the stuff. Similarly people who don't need it don't usually describe their feelings as focused rather than as high. I'll never understand the feeling of people wanting to take adderal recreationally, even though I understand it technically. That being said, this fml isn't technically complete until we know if the op is prescribed adderal and if he/she actually needs it.

codfishy74 9

Having reread the post it sounds as if it was taken recreationally, however I look at the good side of people, and can't condone them quite yet. Either way I think it sucks op had circumstances that lead up to this result, deserved or otherwise.

adderall is a drug, just a prescribed one

FlawlessSin 5

Well... the accusations are correct. Adderall is in the same category as methamphetamine

the OP was not technically doing drugs, not kinda doing drugs, not doing drugs if it wasn't his scrip, the OP was doing drugs. some of y'all need a dictionary

You weren't accused if doing drugs, you WERE doing drugs. Take your punishment and say no next time.

Adderall is a drug so you deserved it. Next time just drink a couple cups of coffee and make sure you are getting sleep.

You completely deserve it. Adderall is an ADHD drug that is very addictive. If you don't have ADHD, don't use it. Especially just to use it to study.

You completely deserved it, and yes... you WERE doing drugs! Adderall (amphetamine/dextroamphetamine) is chemically similar to methamphetamine, and is a schedule 2 narcotic, same as meth... and with the same indication as meth as a pharmaceutical. Seriously, unless you were prescribed the stuff, stay away from it... and if you were prescribed it, take it only as directed. Schedule 2 means that it has the highest abuse potential among drugs that are still recognized as having legit medical use... and a very high probability of addiction.