Does it though? Does it really?

By me. - 16/04/2022 16:01 - United States - Denver

Today, my mom asked me to bring the groceries in. In doing so, I brought in a bag full of toilet paper. She saw me and said, “Um, hello? I only said bring the GROCERIES in.” I was thus today years-old when I learned that ‘groceries’ only means food items, not just things you get from a grocery store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 897
You deserved it 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don’t know if it’s a language barrier or what, but I would agree that “groceries” means “stuff you bought at the supermarket or wherever”.

Technically groceries are just food items, but anytime I say anything about bringing in the groceries, or my parents or any one I have ever met they generally mean all the things you bought. I can only imagine the looks you’d get if next time you left the shampoo and tooth paste and paper towels and said, “but you only wanted the groceries, right?” Who in their right mind doesn’t specify “bring the groceries in, but leave ______ in the car” when they don’t want everything?

Comments

Tell your mom you have pica and toilet paper is food to you, therefore, it is groceries.

I don’t know if it’s a language barrier or what, but I would agree that “groceries” means “stuff you bought at the supermarket or wherever”.

Maybe CPS ought to visit to solve this conundrum!

Technically groceries are just food items, but anytime I say anything about bringing in the groceries, or my parents or any one I have ever met they generally mean all the things you bought. I can only imagine the looks you’d get if next time you left the shampoo and tooth paste and paper towels and said, “but you only wanted the groceries, right?” Who in their right mind doesn’t specify “bring the groceries in, but leave ______ in the car” when they don’t want everything?

diraven 15

My dog eats toilet paper, so there.

Does your dog craps little gift packages with the toilet paper all around?

it's not you, she's just a bitch. basically tp is groceries because she got it from the grocery store. nuff said.

kitten79TX 5

Um...when I tell my kids, "bring in the groceries," it means I want them to bring in everything I purchased from the grocery store. And if one of them left non-food items in the car and said, "You told me to bring in the groceries, that means only food," I'd be pissed and they'd be in trouble for trying to be smart asses. I'm on your side with this one.