DMV blues

By usadisvet - 02/04/2015 06:43 - United States - Loudon

Today, at the DMV, I was told I had to prove, with a doctor's note, that I was an amputee and that my disability was permanent to get my placard. Apparently, placing my prosthetic leg on the counter wasn't proof enough, and is considered "threatening". The police were called. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 261
You deserved it 2 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if there's a policy, an employee should be given the authority to accept such cases without abiding by the policy.

Comments

foxmatrix15 8

Show them ur stub and ask everyone in the room to watch it grow back. Then look at the reaction they give once they figure it out.

That is not right at all. I hope the situation was sorted out.

If OP would have met #53 then I guess the whole situation would have had a different ending... Sorry for running into a person with less empathy and common sense...

Welcome to the DMV! Where things that make sense dont and the things that dont do! "Ah yes you have your state ID, veteran ID and proof if address? Not good enough! We require a parachute licenses as a requirement. New policy!"

Just making sure did you do that while you are giving driving test

specktate 3

they need to add natural selection killing as a viable means of legally killing the dumb

Britt125 16

Unfortunately even if it's obvious they probably need written proof to keep on file. So showing them your prosthetic leg doesn't help. I know it sucks, but they have to follow the policies for everybody or nobody. But if you just set your prosthetic on the counter calling the cops seems extreme.

Well, you kinda deserve it. Haven't you learned through experience that dmv, social security, uscis etc... Workers get their brain logic centers lasered-out when they sign up for this job. You may as well stomp their brains over with an elephant foot or try to have a conversion with a second coat of paint! Welcome to America home of the commercilized and land of the brain dead.

How the hell do they deserve having the cops called just because they were proving to have a prosthetic.

Did you even read the whole comment? It was blatant sarcasm. The fact that he got thumbed down and you got thumbed up just shows how people don't even bother reading a comment before jumping to a conclusion.

I did read the whole comment Actually. But being an amputee myself I don't find it very amusing.

it sounds like you encountered a vogon. whatever you do, DO NOT let this creature read poetry to you.