DMV blues

By usadisvet - 02/04/2015 06:43 - United States - Loudon

Today, at the DMV, I was told I had to prove, with a doctor's note, that I was an amputee and that my disability was permanent to get my placard. Apparently, placing my prosthetic leg on the counter wasn't proof enough, and is considered "threatening". The police were called. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 261
You deserved it 2 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if there's a policy, an employee should be given the authority to accept such cases without abiding by the policy.

Comments

Oh geeze I can understand that to an extent. My mother was told she had to prove why her name legally changed. She's been married for 23 years, has documents and had taken them with her to renew her drivers license, but they still wouldn't accept it stating "that's not the original documentation required. We're not the only state who does this, Texas does as well." We lived in Texas and never had this problem when renewing our licenses. Suffice to say, pissed off would be an understatement.. Hope it all got sorted out for you!

That's messed up. OP, from your nickname I presume you are a veteran and I would like to thank you for your service. DMV employees are often assholes.

userguydude 4
Steve_Dudley_UK 10

You hadn't a doctors note so sorry you've not got a leg to stand on.

Man I would love it if someone came to my desk took their leg off and lay it on my desk. Best day ever, I would done on that story for years. I would piss my self laughing and I'd have to buy them a beer. Me & him would be friends for sure. Epic :)

skinnychick123 18

wow surely this is enough proof!?!