DMV blues

By usadisvet - 02/04/2015 06:43 - United States - Loudon

Today, at the DMV, I was told I had to prove, with a doctor's note, that I was an amputee and that my disability was permanent to get my placard. Apparently, placing my prosthetic leg on the counter wasn't proof enough, and is considered "threatening". The police were called. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 261
You deserved it 2 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if there's a policy, an employee should be given the authority to accept such cases without abiding by the policy.

Comments

The thing that makes this 100% disrespectful is that this Soldier lost their leg fighting for that horrible excuse for a person! I'd give a veteran the shirt off of my back before i disrespect them. It's sad, but it's the american way! Yes i know american is in lowercase letters, i loathe this country sometimes! Hate me if you want to, I really don't give a damn!

Whyismydogcrazy 5

We don't know that OP lost the leg in battle. OP could have lost it after they got off-duty. Accidents happen in places other than the battlefield.

Congrats on judging the clerk, who is only doing his job. They can't really put that prosthetic leg on file now, can they. They have to put written proof in your file when they hand out any document.

AmayaR 12

Don't feel bad when I was applying for a new Social Security card they required my mom to get a doctors note that I was still alive even though I was standing right beside her

are you from MA, sounds like the tools from the MA RMV.

I am a amputee too (lbka) and I have had this same problem in a different situation. Some people are so incompetent. Sorry op, I feel your pain!

That's just horrible. The people who called the police are total idiots. FYL OP

Are you sure? Because I think I can slam a prosthetic leg on your desk hard enough for it to be threatening to you. Don't judge a person and/or situation that quickly...

Seriously, generations are getting stupider every day.

As a fellow amputee I had to do the exact same thing in multiple states. That's a normal policy. I just didn't throw a fit about it.

Tessa_11 19

Wow, that's so stupid. I'm sorry!