Delayed

By inheritance - 05/05/2015 14:44 - Denmark - Lyngby

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. She said, "Sure, but not yet." As we've been together for five years, I was a bit confused, but she cleared that up with, "Not until your dad has died, I don't want him to ruin my wedding with a bad toast." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 479
You deserved it 3 436

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bettyc4 26

Encouraging a family member's death?! Ditch the Bitch!

Comments

She is worried about a bad toast? I say she is a control freak, and will take complete control of everything, if she has not already started on that. I could understand if a parent was a danger to other people but in that case you would just ensure they didn't attend. But for a bad toast? Find a normal girl.

on the bright side, she DOES want to but... hey its a woman and she wants the "most important" day of her life to be perfect. good luck!

Don't be a jerk and generalize. She didn't say that because "she's a woman", she said that because she's insensitive, narcissistic and thinks the world revolves around her. Not all women are like that.

OP is from Denmark. I mean, haven't you all read Hamlet? Murdering one's extended family is like a national pasttime there.

Please don't say that, Hamlet was written by Shakespeare, an English play write. Danish people aren't all fictitious characters, written over 500 years ago.

****, sounds like you picked a real fine winner there.

Maybe I took this so seriously because my dad was my best friend and he'll never see me get married because he is already dead. Joking or not, that's incredibly rude and unacceptable to me. Some people said, "What if the dad's a dick?" Maybe he is, but maybe he's nice and really likes and cares for op's girlfriend. That doesn't matter because it's still a bitchy thing to say. Talk to her before you decide to break it off or not, because she still might not have been serious.

What? D: That's mean :( Hopefully she was joking. If not then you can #%*##*%*%*#*%*€£¥