Debate bro

By Anonymous - 23/01/2021 14:00 - Austria - Graz

Today, I realized my boyfriend never argues with me when I'm right, but goes to great lengths when I'm not. As a result, in the five years we've been together, he has won every single argument we ever had. FML
I agree, your life sucks 317
You deserved it 1 809

Same thing different taste

Top comments

gsmalls666 11

why the hell would he argue if you're right?

tounces7 27

In other words, he's smarter than you.

Comments

Knowing how to pick your battles is the key to such a long undefeated streak!

tounces7 27

In other words, he's smarter than you.

gsmalls666 11

why the hell would he argue if you're right?

This was my exact question. Sounds like OP wants to argue for the sake of arguing IMO

if I had to guess I think the fml is just poorly worded. I think she means he'll drop the subject when he's wrong but when she's wrong he goes the extra mile making sure she knows it? I don't see how this can be am fml any other way.

Okay, this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone COMPLAINING about proper conflict resolution...

I think it's definitely more that he wont drop the subject if he's right, but she and he will if she's right. As if he wants to rub it in her face and be prideful rather than just being nice about it. Don't know why I'm being downvoted? The other option is that only she argues when she's wrong, but she states HE argues with her. I've met people who will take it that they're wrong, but when they're right they run it in your face. I really can't tell what OP is trying to say. Needs to be worded better.

You should thank your boyfriend for correcting your errors and sharpening your thinking.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

The implication here is that you argue when you're wrong.... so ydi

bobsanction 18

He seems like a very wise person: he knows when he is wrong and does my push the subject, and when he’s right, he sticks to his guns. There’s nothing bad about this, and you could definitely use to take a page from his book!

Ummm and you didn't leave 5 years,ago why? Now you're stuck with Mr. never left Jr high in quarantine.

tounces7 27

And he's stuck with someone who argues even when they know they're wrong.

flagbitch 8

Maybe this Jr high person was special enough to be worth stuck for

ManicGypsy 22

Do you mean he never argues when he's wrong? The way you phrased it is weird.