Customer of the day

By oped01 - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Cape Coral

Today, in a department store, a woman with a parrot sitting on her shoulder was trying to return a coffee maker. She explained that she had to return the coffee maker because the bird didn't like it sitting on the kitchen counter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 384
You deserved it 1 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A07 48

If the bird doesn't like it it obviously has to go.

As someone who is around parrots a lot. They can get very terrified of various objects sitting around. And when they panic and crash into a wall, it can hurt them greatly and lead to expensive vet bills quickly, or worse, the bird dying from the impact. So for the well being of the Animal and the owner's wallet. I can fully Understand this.

Comments

A07 48

If the bird doesn't like it it obviously has to go.

As someone who is around parrots a lot. They can get very terrified of various objects sitting around. And when they panic and crash into a wall, it can hurt them greatly and lead to expensive vet bills quickly, or worse, the bird dying from the impact. So for the well being of the Animal and the owner's wallet. I can fully Understand this.

My friend has a conure bird and he is adorable, but VERY high maintenance. She had to throw out all of her Teflon cookware and buy a whole new set of cast iron because apparently heated Teflon gives off something toxic to this breed of bird. And she has to keep the curtains shut tight during certain hours of the day when her neighbor is most likely to take his daily run because something about his hat scares the shit out of the bird, and the conure's "I'm freaked out" squawk is louder than a jackhammer. So I can totally see a bird owner returning something just for the sake of their pet.

Exactly! Birds can be scared by a lot of things in ways we don't necessarily understand. It's very easy for them to be injured in a panic. And, on the other side, if the bird reacts aggressively towards a new object, removing them can result in serious injury for the person. In bird households bird needs trump people needs easily.

orangejubejube 20

Once, I had to return a coffee maker because my stupid cat liked the warmth and kept trying to nuzzle it, then would yell once he got burned. Every. Time. I taught him to stay off kitchen counters and never had a problem before this either.. After multiple burned noses/paws/whiskers with no lessons learned it was best to just cut losses and stick to instant coffee.

Hey, pets first! I use my armor to keep my dog away from stuff

As long as the coffee maker is in a "returnable" condition and your store policy allows it, I don't see how this is a problem for you.

Maybe they should have discussed it prior to purchasing the item.

So am I safe in assuming that the bird in your profile picture is well adjusted?

drayloon 50

Yo ho ho, tis is a pirate's decaffeinated life for me...