Conveniant

By habsgurl0622 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Piedmont

Today, I realized the only reason why my boyfriend spends the night with me is because my house is closer to his job than his, and so he saves money on gas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 278
You deserved it 3 114

Top comments

It might be an important reason, but definitely not the only. You can't forget about the sex, good ol' sex.

Comments

I don't blame him. Gas isn't cheap. If you're bother by it then just tell him if he wants to spend the night he has to get the goods up

I meant give not get in my previous comment

galaxystar2 6

It's your house. If its a problem, tell him no.

wubbazugg 5

Wow, this sounds familiar...

dezmal 2

Overreaction I think. I might be wrong, that's probably not the ONLY reason. Many couples spend most nights together and have to decide to stay at one or the other or switch off, depending on which makes the most sense. (Now if he was insisting to stay at your place for his benefit even if it was a hassle to accommodate him/it made you too far from work, then that would be jerkish.) If the situation was reversed, and his place was more convenient, that is probably where you guys would stay. If all he wanted you for was a convenient location, you would be a bootycall. Not his girlfriend. Relax, I'm sure he loves you.

I'm pretty sure if it was the other way around, she would do the same thing.

He's actually not saving gas since he is driving to your house

I'm guessing you have a different sense of humour than him. I can imagine telling my girlfriend "the only reason I stay over at your place is because I save money on gas driving to work". I don't know how else you'd find this out. Once I told my (now ex) girlfriend something like "you're lucky you're so pretty, it's the only reason I'm dating you". It might just be my bad sense of humour, but I think it's hilarious.

Well, he's still wasting gas, since he has to go from hus house to yours to work