Confused

By anonymous - 12/12/2015 20:58 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my stepmom sat me down and told me that she doesn't think that my dad is my biological father because she hasn't gotten pregnant from him. I don't think she quite understands the concept of being a stepmom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 353
You deserved it 2 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omfgitsmia 15

I think your stepmom is implying that your dad is sterile. She means that siince she's never gotten pregnant from him, your mom probably didn't either.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Railroader 16

Trophy wives aren't known for their brains.

I'm not sure why you keep getting down voted. You're absolutely correct.

Because #48, you and #1 are the idiots. The reason her step mom is saying that is because she thinks her father is sterile. Step mom isn't pregnant so her father can't get anyone pregnant, including the op's mother.

@51 You seem to be an idiot. Maybe the stepmom is infertile, but either way the stepmom is definitely an idiot and rude to say that to op.

#51, I don't think you're even in that ballpark.

@51 I completely agree with you. That's how I understood it. I think Op didn't understand what the stepmother meant because they probably wouldn't have thought they were trying to have a baby. Still a dick move on the stepmoms part since her fertility could be the issue or dad got snipped and didn't want to tell her.

...so? she guesses because shes not getting pregnant hes not able to conceive kids. kinda stupid to assume it can be only his fault, but still.

joeyl2008 29

That's what I was thinking. The step mom thinks that the father is sterile since he hasn't gotten her pregnant yet. It's a fairly large conclusion to jump to but I believe that was her reasoning.

I also find it pretty weird that the first thing she does is talk to his kids under that assumption, rather than with him, and without even any valid proof other than "I think."

I instantly knew that's what she meant and was confused how this was an FML. She has a point.

On the bright side, you don't swim in the same gene pool as her. There's still hope for you.

on the downside, the op and you are both incredibly stupid

Omfgitsmia 15

I think your stepmom is implying that your dad is sterile. She means that siince she's never gotten pregnant from him, your mom probably didn't either.

neuronerd 28

Exactly what I came here to say. It doesn't mean she's necessarily correct, but at least she's following a line of logic.

That's what I thought too, even though she had a very roundabout way of saying it. It was the first thing I thought of.

Unless she has proof that he's been sterile for a very long it's still a VERY speculative thing to say. people's fertility changes as they age. and unless their father admitted it to the step mom and she's trying to be gentle about it... it's still phenomenally stupid and recklessly drama starting.

It's more than likely that he got a vasectomy before marrying this person. It's incredibly stupid how she just assumes he couldn't have gotten anyone pregnant. She's probably unable to have children and doesn't know it because she has no proof of a child and decided to blame him, immediately jumping to accusations of his ex wife cheating. Not to mention, it's entirely possible this woman is expecting to get pregnant while using condoms/birth control, because there are REALLY stupid people in existence but that would be a very rare case.

Don't forget she could be infertile as well.

Unfortunately not as rare as you may hope.

Maybe the step mothers the sterile one

Malsain_fml 10

Gosh! After reading this, whoever is OP is now sweating and stressed wondering if her father really is her father...

No my dad isn't sterile it's hard to explain how she meant what she said through text. She legit believed that if she didn't give birth to me then I must be adopted. She is a trophy wife and is not too bright. She's also only 10 years older than me. We had to explain the concept to her.

Omfgitsmia 15

Wow, thanks for the clarification. You're a strong gal tolerating and living with someone that stupid OP.

redvibes23 14

I bet I can guess why he married her! XD

Two reasons; the left one and the right one.

Rocky: "take her to the zoo, retarded chicks love the zoo"

luckypants 17

I believe she is implying that since she hasn't gotten pregnant, your dad must be shooting blanks. She either really does believe this, or is bothered so much by her lack of becoming preg that she is trying to somehow make herself feel better by saying these things.

It's possible that she has a kid or kids from a previous marriage and therefore thinks he must be the problem?