Company time

By IStillHaveMy8hrShiftToGo - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Beaverton

Today, I came in to work early at a restaurant to help out. I stocked, baked pies for the next day, cleaned and set over 50 tables, and vacuumed the entire two stories. When I went to send an order for the first customer of mine, I realized I hadn't even clocked on. Four and half hours of work wasted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 751
You deserved it 10 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask your boss to adjust your hours. Simple solution.

Not wasted. Your boss needs to have a "plan B" for people who forget to clock in. By law you aren't required to work for free even if you forgot to clock in.

Comments

Tell your manager that you just forgot. That's happened to me as well and was no big deal. Good luck!

That would suck so bad. Just ask your boss to set your hours for ya .

But... Maybe it's just me, but when I see the term "to help out," I assume it's voluntary.

Not necessarily. It can also mean you offer to work more hours than you would normally. Or work outside your normal schedule.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

If one of my employees comes in on his or her day off in order to help with a big project or to meet a deadline for a client, that is a definite help, and I appreciate it. That does not mean that they shouldn't be paid for their time. even if you enjoy every minute of your time at work, you deserve to be paid for those hours that you give up for the company.

Not wasted.. Just ask him to... fix it.. -_-

It's clocked in not clocked on genius

Surely there's cameras to look back on for your boss to know what time you got in?

They have to adjust your hours for when you actually work. Or you can complain to a state labor board

As long as it's in the books then it doesn't matter.

nialls_girl 13

Do people not realize you can talk to your boss??

Nothing like a little community service.