Company time

By IStillHaveMy8hrShiftToGo - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Beaverton

Today, I came in to work early at a restaurant to help out. I stocked, baked pies for the next day, cleaned and set over 50 tables, and vacuumed the entire two stories. When I went to send an order for the first customer of mine, I realized I hadn't even clocked on. Four and half hours of work wasted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 751
You deserved it 10 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask your boss to adjust your hours. Simple solution.

Not wasted. Your boss needs to have a "plan B" for people who forget to clock in. By law you aren't required to work for free even if you forgot to clock in.

Comments

squideth 18

No they want their pay for the hours they worked. Did you read the FML?

Plan A - I've seen a lot of suggestions here saying to ask your boss for an adjustment in your work hours. That should be your plan B (Makes total sense, eh?) Now if that doesn't work, plan B is to remember that you'll never go poor from giving. I haven't got a job just yet but I've been taught selfless service. If that ever happened I'd laugh it off as a silly mistake and remind myself to clock in for next time but it certainly doesn't hurt to put a bit more effort into your field of work even if it means no reward.

You obviously don't live on your own and have to keep a roof over your head either. Laugh it off then.

Write on your card when you came in and just bundy out as usual.

FYL, that really sucks. Explain to your boss what happened. Hopefully he/she will understand and will pay you for working!

So sorry OP. Is there any way you can let them know what you had done? Sometimes the early bird does not get the worm. FYL

So did you waste 4 half hours (2 hours) or 4 AND a half hours?

You deserved it cuz you were a dumb ass and forgot to clock in. Plus every business has a plan b for ppl like you.

Well I bet a co worker noticed you...if they like you they may have mentioned to the manager what you were doing...if not props for the extra work...it did you well

akballerchicity 11