Childlike

By Noname - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, they were handing out free razors in the mall. I went up to get my free sample, but the woman just smiled and said, "Sorry honey, they're sharp, and not for children." I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 212
You deserved it 2 923

Top comments

i TOTALLY get you. I'm 18 and I was at a Candy/Fudge store down in the tourist-area of the city I live in. They were giving free samples of fudge and the lady was like, "Are any of your parents around? I need to make sure you aren't allergic before I can give you one." I wanted to punch her out.

erika_lynnex 1

dude my mom is 38 and she went to the doctors and the receptionest asked if her mom or dad was there...

Comments

That's when you pull the ID out wave it in her face. Say "that's right bitch!" grab the razor and walk away. Girl you don't need that bullshit! FYL

nachosbabygurl 9

at least you don't look old for your age

musiciangirl591 16

i went to the doctor's office to get my records transferred from my previous doctor to my current one, the nurse handed my mom the paper to sign and my mom told her i was 19 (i'm now 20), the nurse said, out loud for everyone to hear, "you're 19, i thought you were 12!"

HOW IS THAT BAD PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE YOUNG HOW IS THAT BAD?

dswomi 12

That's messed up! I'm only 17 and I have an inch- long beard

Xobubblyxo 23

FYL, that's like the time I went shopping with my friends. My friend decided it would be funny to have the employee guess my age. (I'm 16 and short, so I wear heels sometimes). The employee said that I looked 11, and when asked why, she said because only little girls wear their mommys heels in dress up. My cheeks were on fire!

That sounds like a bad idea, someone could take one and start attacking people.

I know how you feel. While at a sleepover some girl asked me if I was in high school yet. I'm almost 18.

That was deliberate. Teenagers use razors often, and it's essentially impossible for a sighted person to mistake a 25-year-old for a prepubescent child. She was amusing herself at your expense. I would give her one more chance by polite-laughing as if she joked, and then stating my age. If she backed down and did her job, fine. If she kept it up, I would take her picture for identification and contact whoever employs her -- maybe a nearby store, maybe the razor company.