Childish but effective

By unhappy wifey - 28/09/2012 06:09 - United States - Portland

Today, my husband and I are still having a dumb fight over remodeling. He's decided to take an immature route and pretends to be asleep whenever I walk into a room so he doesn't have to talk about it. Earlier, he pretended to fall asleep at the dinner table. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 433
You deserved it 4 020

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm curious if he went face first in food...

Throw a bucket of cold water on him to see if he "wakes" up.

Comments

Does this remind anyone of the episode of American Dad last night on Adult Swim? What's even more funny about that is is that there was an ad for American Dad on when I checked this FML out.

Get him call of duty for Xmas. He won't ignore you anymore, that's for sure...

No, I'm pretty sure that will lead to her being ignored again only now hours at a time versus specific intervals.

^ I think that was the joke. Not a very good joke, but a joke nonetheless. Seriously, COD has claimed more lives of young men than actual war.

I have a feeling you left out something important - can you afford to remodel? Do you keep arguing even after all the facts are out? Remodeling tends to be fun for the wife but an expensive big effort for the husband. And never as cheap or easy as planned.

SApprentice 34

32- That's just so sexist. You realize a lot of women hate remodeling, don't you? That it's just as often the man pushing for it? It's just as much an expensive burden on both parties, neither one is more likely to be hurt by the expense. You just gave me the image that you think wives are these little home faeries, that prance around the house and beg their husbands for allowances to add just one more thing to their kitchen, while the husband shakes his head and tuts at her sadly because he just doesn't have the money for her, the silly little thing.

liir 18

32- It's not necessarily fun. We're remodeling the kitchen at my house and the whole place is torn up and it is driving my mom bats. Right now, she has no kitchen sink, no dishwasher, no stove, no microwave. All of our food is currently sitting either on little picnic tables or the dining room table. There are huge boxes with all of our pans, dishes and eating utensils in them. There is dust all over the house and half the electric sockets work in the kitchen, half do not. There are nails in the floor, the ceiling is ripped out and insulation is all over the floor in the garage. It's not all fun and games. In fact, it's just a big mess and an even bigger headache.

And I'm pretty tired of the idiotic statements that come out of yours

you should feel bad. you've put your husband through so much stress you caused him to have narcolepsy!

skyeyez9 24

My friends husband does the silent treatment to his wife. Will refuse to speak to her for days even after she starts crying because he makes her feel like shit from ignoring her. He is an asshole and secretly enjoys hurting her this way.

skyeyez9 24

It's human nature to want to be loved. When you're pushed away or frozen out, most people will alter their behavior to fix the situation. When you do this, you allow your spouse to win. His psychological game has worked on you. You're effectively training him to believe that if he does this to you, he will get the result he wants.

skyeyez9 24

You can take control back by leaving the scene. Walk the dog or visit a friend. If this isn't possible, try reading a book or turning on the television and focusing on that. He can't ignore you if you pay him no mind. Don't try to touch him if his method is to pull away from you. Never try to engage him in rational conversation. It won't work, at least not until he's gotten over being angry at you.

Oh boy. He better shape up. If Momma's not happy, ain't nobody happy. Mister Happy is gonna find himself lonely.

I read your comment in Kermit's voice.

SApprentice 34

I just read that, and I hate that I can't help but hear it in Kermit the Frog's voice, because my eyes keep getting drawn down to your brightly colored picture.

SApprentice 34

52- It is awesome, I just hate that I can't stop smiling over it. I just keep hearing it in my head and it's making laugh, but when I was a kid, I hated Kermit. I hated that little green f#&%. Now for the rest of the day he'll keep popping up in my thoughts and going, "Oh, boy!". I'm going to be dealing with customers and just start grinning like an idiot. My entire day is now Kermit the Frog day.

MetalCraze 11

Got to ask yourself why you husband is so afraid to talk to you. It sounds like he knows you are going to blow up up at him. YDI for being hard to communicate with.

Uh I don't think he's afraid to talk to her. I think he just doesn't want to have adult conversation, so he resulted to acting like a child

That's what I'm thinking, in reply to #60.

This really made me lol. If he doesn't want to talk about it, then do what you want!