Cheap ass

By Anonymous - 15/08/2019 14:00

Today, I was scrolling through Instagram when I got a new follow suggestion. I checked her feed, and found out it was my ex-fiancé’s newest fiancée. And he'd proposed to her using an $185 ring I'd bought myself for my birthday last year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 875
You deserved it 169

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you didn't know he had it from any previous arrangement made between the two of you, report him to the police for theft. Hopefully you kept the receipt.

Susan Yee 9

FML that new fiancé. Marrying a thief and cheapskate.

Comments

If you didn't know he had it from any previous arrangement made between the two of you, report him to the police for theft. Hopefully you kept the receipt.

In addition to my previous comment, if you don't have the store receipt but used a credit card to buy the ring, you could likely use your credit card purchase history or bank statement.

How did you not notice a ring missing after the breakup? When my first wife ditched me, I looked through everything to make sure she only took her stuff and not mine.

She may have noticed it missing but not have thought that he stole it.

So then why didn’t she ask him? There is so much missing in this story

While that’s a pretty steep price for costume jewelry, $185 is super-cheap for an engagement ring (and he got it for free, thanks to the “five-finger discount”). You dodged a bullet with that cheapskate!

Susan Yee 9

FML that new fiancé. Marrying a thief and cheapskate.

Send her the receipt so she can return it.

Oh the fun that could be had with that information if you are the vindictive type.

tigerzroze 16

Wow, I feel sorry for the new girl, he couldn’t even be bothered to buy her a new ring and used one he stole from you. He clearly doesn’t think much of the new girl either and probably my guess is going to try to have her take care of him.