Capitalism, baby

By Anonymous - 10/07/2022 12:00

Today, I actually had to attend court for an unfair dismissal claim. The woman I fired had an attendance record of 70%, money is still missing from petty cash, and she was twice caught using a company laptop for online gambling, yet somehow it still made it to a courtroom as “unfair”. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 328
You deserved it 89

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As long as you had the supporting evidence, your side should have won easily.

Unfair dismissal my ass. She's lucky she was merely dismissed and not charged criminally.

Comments

As long as you had the supporting evidence, your side should have won easily.

Unfair dismissal my ass. She's lucky she was merely dismissed and not charged criminally.

Sounds like you discriminated against her because she's interesting. An organization full of dull, rule-following drones will rot. If you win your case, you'll lose in the long run.

Well isn't she just the brightest bulb in the gd Disney light parade /s It sounds like you haven't taken legal action yet so all she has done is open the floodgates for you to go absolutely ham on her in criminal court (depending on how much you can prove she stole from petty cash of course)

The judge will ask questions such as: Did she have access to petty cash? If yes, Why did she have access to petty cash in the first place? Was this part of her job description? How do you know she stole from petty cash? Is there video of her taking from petty cash and if it was part of her job description, how do you know she took more than she was allowed to give out? If she was not allowed to have access to petty cash, how did she gain access? Was there a police report filed? If yes, what does the police report say? and if you suspected her of stealing what actions did you do to revoke that access? If he doesn’t like those answers the case is going to be thrown out.