Bunch of cons

By sauce - 24/09/2010 06:33 - United States

Today, after months of looking, my fiancé and I finally signed a lease. We are using my savings to pay for it. This apparently poses a "moral dilemma" for my in-laws, who think we should wait to be married. I'm paying for an apartment I'm not allowed to live in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 593
You deserved it 6 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow ur stupid! why aren't you living there?!? kick him out, you move in, problem solved. quit being a doormat

BoyFromTheFuture 0

Op didn't say anything about religion. he said "moral dilemma". Unless you believe that religious people are the only ones with morals and therefore moral dilemmas. cover up, your prejudice is showing.

Comments

The__Redneck 7

How dare they expect your fiance to treat you right instead of shacking up with you. I swear, the nerve of some people....

Either grow some balls and tell them to shove it or kick the bitch out and live there yourself if you're paying for it.

am i missing the part where it says this is a girlwho wrote it...maybe its a guy who wrote it? why does everyone assume its a chick? either way tho i say screw the in laws..

"Fiance" is the husband-to-be, whereas "fiancee" is the wife-to-be.

graciedacie 0

But not everyone necessarily knows that, including this OP. I'd say it's a 50/50. Does it really matter though?

if you pay for it, you have the right to stay in it. they aren't paying a dime so they can't really say anything.

#70. Right. Because evasion and lying is the mature way to handle a difficult situation.

_whisper_ 0

Um, so why are you listening to them? It's your choice.

kristidgranger 3

I don't think they can tell u can't live there.

YDI for letting them make such decisions for you!

yea but you probably live in there anyways so how is this an fml you dummy

YDI: Grow a pair of balls! If you are paying for this place and are an adult, tell them thanks for your opinion, but keep it to yourself. They will either respect you for standing up for yourself or you'll see you won't want to be related to them. If its her parent with the issue, she can live at home until the wedding. Or both of you can be adults.