Breeders

By Anonymous - 22/11/2021 22:59 - United States - Spokane

Today, I'm closing on a house with my boyfriend of 9 years at the end of this week. We have plans to be engaged. When discussing what rooms would be what, he mentioned how one could be a nursery. I told him 9 years ago, and several other times, that I didn't want kids. Turns out he's been waiting for me to change my mind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 929
You deserved it 433

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What part of "and several other times" did you not understand? Also, she shouldn't have to give him a monthly reminder of something that basic and important. Unless she had changed her mind, she had no reason to bring up the topic again on a regular basis. It's not OP's fault that her boyfriend's a complete and utter moron who couldn't take the hint, or at least be honest and open about the fact having children was important for him.

If he's waited that long, expecting you to change your mind and not respecting your boundaries, there's no salvaging this relationship. Dump him.

Comments

If he's waited that long, expecting you to change your mind and not respecting your boundaries, there's no salvaging this relationship. Dump him.

Tell us more about how often you talk about your common projects! :) Sorry for you.

What part of "and several other times" did you not understand? Also, she shouldn't have to give him a monthly reminder of something that basic and important. Unless she had changed her mind, she had no reason to bring up the topic again on a regular basis. It's not OP's fault that her boyfriend's a complete and utter moron who couldn't take the hint, or at least be honest and open about the fact having children was important for him.

You’re right I commented too quickly. Though there is still a communication problem between the two: he didn’t (want to) understand she didn’t want a child; and she didn’t realize he still wanted one. Now there are in for a good conversation about their priorities.

Another problem with passive-aggressive behavior: it wastes time. You probably wasted most of your good child-bearing years with this dork. I'm sure you'll be a great mom once you decide right.

what there is nothing wrong with not wanting kids, I don't want them and never will. I'm 43 and have had to deal with bingos for over 20 years that I'll change my mind, we'll nope had a hysterectomy and everything

Maybe just tryout being a mother for a bit. You can always opt out after your 18 year trial period.

You say that as though adult dependants don't exist.