Blabbermouth

By betray the betrayer - 10/10/2020 17:02 - United States

Today, after a lifetime of my mom being a huge gossip, even about her own kids, and lying about being the one spreading it around, my siblings and I have decided to stop telling my mom things. Now she lays these huge guilt trips on us, just because we don’t want the world to know our business. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 339
You deserved it 89

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's nothing to feel guilty about. People need boundaries and your mom has none.

That's a dumb move. When a gossip has no information, they'll just make up their own. You should just flood your mom with tons of boring, mundane things so she won't be starved of data.

Comments

There's nothing to feel guilty about. People need boundaries and your mom has none.

That's a dumb move. When a gossip has no information, they'll just make up their own. You should just flood your mom with tons of boring, mundane things so she won't be starved of data.

Or the really TMI stuff, like quality of bowel movements.

Your Mother caused that to happen herself. Can’t feel to sorry for her. Later on you can see if she learned any lessons by trusting her with things you wouldn’t be to terribly upset if that news got around. See if she can keep the LITTLE secrets first. In the end you may find you can’t trust her with ANY news anymore. Shame.

**** her. A gossip once ruined my reputation in my own BDSM community, making up wild stories about me. It took me years to rebuild that rep and sometimes it still bites me in the ass. Learn to recognize her guilt trips so they don't get to you. Trust me, a gossip can really do a lot of damage. Maybe make up fictional friends and tell her stories about them. That way when she spreads stories they can come back to her for a change. See how she likes it when people stop believing what she tells.

tounces7 27

So who cares? Just ignore her dumb ass, or maybe cut her off entirely.

"Sorry, Mom, you're just going to have to come up with your own material, or PAY US for using ours for your benefit."