Bigmouth

By Anonymous - 26/01/2012 03:54 - United States

Today, my friend showed me a creepy piece of artwork he'd drawn. I laughed and said that it would give me nightmares, meaning it as a compliment. Turns out, this one was in honor of his dead grandmother, who'd raised him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 748
You deserved it 10 438

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'you know it's opposite day' always works!

Creepy is creepy, regardless of how noble the purpose is. Don't sweat it.

Comments

What the hell? What kind of compliment is that?

Think. It should be obvious an art piece might be intentionally creepy.

KiddNYC1O 20

Ok. If you were a creepy artist and someone mentioned having nightmares over your art, you'd be flattered, no?

I see what you mean, but it still sounds funny to me.

is it a compliment?? i think it is cursing!!

"You creep me out... in a nice way" Yup, doesn't sound right.

*sigh* When someone creates a piece of art that looks like it's supposed to be creepy, and you tell them that it indeed does look creepy, it's not a personal attack on the artist. When I compliment a friend's cooking, I'm not saying that I want to butcher and eat them.

Did he use an odd color scheme or just dim tones? tell him that's why you think its creepy not the drawing itself. the tones of a piece really can change the whole theme.

SailorLove 4

Yeah typically being a dick when critiquing unexplained art makes you look awesome...

twisted_cherub 14

Don't try to cover it, OP. He'll know you meant what you originally said. Study it again and give a new opinion based on what you now know. From now on, the only thing you should say when critiquing a painting is, "I can only imagine the raw emotion you were feeling when you did this." Artsy people eat that s*** up.

atomicbaboon 0

i can only imagine the raw emotion you were feeling while typing this

Well don't you just feel like a bitch.. Apologize, it'll be fine.

No the mods got One right that is an fml

"You're the ugliest, nastiest, stupidest person I've ever met. But I mean that as a compliment!" How the **** does that work?

Are you retarded? When did she say any of those things? If someone draws something that's supposed to be scary, and you tell them it's so scary you'll get nightmares, yes that's a compliment.