By is cum a fruit or a vegetable? - 17/07/2015 17:50 - United States - Germantown

Today, my grandpa saw one of the paintings in the guest room at my house. "What the fuck?" he snorted, then said whoever painted it should "stick to their damn day job". I painted it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 824
You deserved it 2 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To be fair, Vincent Van Gogh killed himself because he was discouraged, but now he's one of the greatest, don't worry OP keep up the paintings, you'll be famous one day

Comments

mds9986 24

He's just a bitter old man. Ignore it I'm sure the pairing was good.

Badkarma4u 17

How do you know that? How can you bee sure of something youve never seen. I feel for OP too, but the painting may actually be ugly.

I hope you're not a regular painter then

Its more about style and pride tbh. If artist is proud to call it his own then it's a good painting. Case closed.

Badkarma4u 17

Unless he likes to eat. Then it's about other people liking your work, or convincing them that ugly garbage is good art.

ChristianH39 30

Well, hopefully if he knew it was your work he'd have been nicer about it. Also, that username.

lexiieeex3 32

He should have been nicer about it regardless, it was still OP's choice of artwork in his home.

JustinJK 21

Honesty is the best policy. I'd rather someone "hurt my feelings" than go forward making mistakes ignorantly

ChristianH39 30

44 I get where you're coming from, and I do agree with your other post that since art is so subjective OP shouldn't be discouraged. My point was more that I hope he isn't always so brutally honest. 52 I do agree that criticism is a good thing, but that abrasive way of going about it does wear thin pretty quickly.

lexiieeex3 32

I wouldn't take it personally. Everyone has a different style when it comes to artwork and people have wildly different preferences. Even the greats have been rejected and if you pursue art, no matter how talented you may be, you will too.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

Art is always so misunderstood. I wouldn't sweat it, OP! And to answer the question in your username, OP, it's obviously a fruit :)

RedPillSucks 31

You just aren't appreciated in your own time.

good thing it's your house and not his. people should keep their mouths shut when in someone else's house.