Better safe than sorry

By Anonymous - 02/11/2009 05:40 - United States

Today, I was lost in a new town, so I asked a woman for directions. For some reason, she seemed to avoid me. About halfway down the block, she quickly turned around, and the next thing I remember is my eyes stinging like hell. Apparently she thought I was a mugger and maced me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 197
You deserved it 4 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jchansfan 0

I would love to see someone who was wrongly maced whip out their own can of mace and mace the chick back.

The woman should be charged with assault if there was no provocation. Just because she is a spaz does not make it acceptable to mace people.

Comments

Jesus Christ. Are we ******* five? Are adult women supposed to be "off limits" to ask questions of for fear of scaring the poor little darling? I have been asked "could you direct me to x?" many a time by men, on the street, late at night, in a deserted mall parking lot. And miracle of miracles, I've never been raped, or touched in an inappropriate sexual way by a stranger. By 18 years old, too. Why? BECAUSE ALL THEY WANTED WERE DIRECTIONS. Once they got their answer, they went about their own business. It isn't until the conversation turns away from directions and takes an unmistakably threatening turn that it is okay to get on the defensive. And mace should never be used unless there is an IMMINENT THREAT. Like a guy charging at you or trying to coerce or drag you away. It is an assault weapon and should be treated like one; only used in emergencies. I'd also like to mention that men are not ******* monsters, and women are not doing them or themselves any favours by treating them as such. Women sometimes think that they are the ones with all the feelings, but men have them to, and they probably feel like shit seeing women say things like "LOLS It's okay if I mace some random guy on the street because he probably wants to RAPE ME!" It's just not true. The majority of rape cases don't occur between strangers. According to statistical evidence, something like 68% of sexually assaulted women knew their attacker, either as an acquaintance, boyfriend, or relative. So of those 1 in 6 women who have been sexually assaulted in their lifetime, more than two thirds of them were attacked by someone they allowed into their life. I'm not saying that these women were at fault, I'm just trying to show that there is not as much reason as one might think to be scared of every man who looks at you on the street. Finally, mace hurts like a ************ and shouldn't be used willy nilly. That's why they were banned in Canada. :)

Well, when you asked for directions into her pants, I can see why she might have avoided you.

Jesus, What is up with all those paranoid women.

Armed people who point and click(without being provoked) should'nt own guns, but to be honest I think your mistake was pursuing her and your lucky it was just mace.

starberries 0

So... you could tell she was trying to avoid you, and you continued to follow RIGHT BEHIND her halfway down the block? It's no wonder she maced you.

Here's a situation. The woman told him to follow her. How about that. I'm guessing here, but that situation is possible.

MrJojobinks 6

Was she the only person in that town? Ask someone else.

Why did you follow her for half a block? You should've taken the hint after a few steps that she didn't plan on helping you.

lindseykcool 6

everyone here is spelling maize wrong..

Maize is corn...she didn't spray him with corn...at least I hope not...

rachelwho 9

Makes me think of Dory from Finding Nemo

Why didn't you call out to her, or ask someone else. Why would you chase her half a block?