Better safe than sorry

By Anonymous - 02/11/2009 05:40 - United States

Today, I was lost in a new town, so I asked a woman for directions. For some reason, she seemed to avoid me. About halfway down the block, she quickly turned around, and the next thing I remember is my eyes stinging like hell. Apparently she thought I was a mugger and maced me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 197
You deserved it 4 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jchansfan 0

I would love to see someone who was wrongly maced whip out their own can of mace and mace the chick back.

The woman should be charged with assault if there was no provocation. Just because she is a spaz does not make it acceptable to mace people.

Comments

Fairly ignorant comments above (13 and 14) but at least 14 acknowledges a level of bias. Clearly asking for directions shouldn't be threatening to anybody. What I'm wondering is, did you both speak the same language? "New town" suggests that there might have been some cultural barriers there.

Damn man if you were a woman youd understand., Some guy will say hey where such and such and when you stop to say something someone snatches your purse and runs!! Thats just city life! Dont talk to strangers ya know...

Ignorance no Experience yes Get a map or a GPS...

jchansfan 0

Because walking around with a GPS is super normal. And do you really expect him to have a map of a "town" he just arrived in. Seriously. Plus, he was lost, that map might not be super useful if he has no idea where he is.

Ligerie 0

we walk around with a gps when we're in a new area. It pinpoints where our car is, so at least we can always find it again. Came in handy while in Paris at 3am.

youthink_fml 0

Damn I hate it when women use being a woman as an excuse to be an asshole or even worse, assault someone. Pretty lame.

YDI for following her when she was avoiding you. Whatever her reason for avoiding you, you should've moved on & asked someone else.

jchansfan 0

So you asked her... she maybe didn't hear you... and then you continued to follow her? What did you think she just wanted to find a nice shady spot on the block to finally give you directions? If she didn't answer you to begin with, don't follow her and keep waiting for her to respond. Just ask someone else.

wasteland_fml 0

Trust me mace has a range of more than one foot, I've been maced from beyond that for no good reason and it sucks. I feel for the OP.

She could have just said she doesn't know.

ozymandias_fml 0

File assault charges, and sue for pain and discomfort. Assuming you didn't do anything threatening, the woman needs to be taught that is unacceptable.