Beautiful car

By Anonymous - 12/01/2020 05:00

Today, I sold my wife's old car because I bought her a newer and nicer one. On the way back home from the sale, the transmission went out in her new one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 159
You deserved it 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look up lemon laws in your area- the company that sold it may have to either replace/repair the car or provide a car with similar values and functions.

Most Lemon laws only apply to brand new cars.

Comments

Look up lemon laws in your area- the company that sold it may have to either replace/repair the car or provide a car with similar values and functions.

Most Lemon laws only apply to brand new cars.

It applies to cars still under warranty too.

xbaconator9000x 16

Not in Australia. It's actually fairly common to buy a used car with a factory defect, with the manufacturer being obligated to repair/replace the defected component, or the car in general. My brother in-law bought a 2008 Ford Focus in 2018 and Ford had to fix the gearbox issue. Likewise my mother bought a 2003 Lancer in 2005, and had a factory defect replaced in 2014. So definitely worth looking into, as those lemon laws can vary a lot!

True but if this is in the states and if the car was purchased from a dealer and sold with any kind of warranty and wasn't expressly sold "As Is" or with all of the flaws disclosed, it may still be on the dealer to fix things. There are a few federal laws that are set up to help protect people in situations like this. So it is still worth looking into. Also depending on the state they may have recourse because 6 states do have used-car lemon laws on the books to protect people from being sold a lemon.

Obviously you did not have the car checked over by a qualified mechanic. ydi