Be more specific

By readytoamputatemyfeet - 30/06/2013 23:00 - United States - Winter Springs

Today, my shoe fell apart a few minutes after I got to work. I called my boyfriend and asked him to bring me the "pretty black pair" in my closet. What did he bring? Black stilettos. I'm a waitress with an eight-hour shift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 545
You deserved it 32 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess if you say 'pretty black pair' it makes your boyfriend think of a shoe like that. Maybe just say 'black pair' next time.

ShadowBox 8

At least they were YOUR stilettos, right?

Comments

ShadowBox 8

At least they were YOUR stilettos, right?

I think it'd be worse if they were his.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

10- Not sure if you didn't get the adultery joke.. *insert Phillip J. Fry* Or if you made an awesome turn around of it

Perhaps he likes to wear them, 15.

#15, In this case I don't think OP's boyfriend had stilettos, but I don't see why it's such an impossibility for a guy to wear high heels. Shouldn't he be able to wear them for the exact same reason any other girl wears them? Because they're gorgeous, looks amazing on and makes him feel beautiful.

you can thank him for the extra tips you get as a result of his brilliance... after you get a foot massage from him when your shift ends. double win.

#15 some men like to wear that kind of stuff. I've never understood it... but it is a kink out there just like submissive women

thatsucks4you 7

thank god Im not the only one who thought it was possible

I guess if you say 'pretty black pair' it makes your boyfriend think of a shoe like that. Maybe just say 'black pair' next time.

I think some guys have trouble distinguishing "pretty" and "sexy"

So true. I would never call stilettos "pretty", they're simply not. Hot or sexy, yes, but not pretty.

Pretty is a very subjective term OP. Next time you should be more specific and ask for your black flats or whatever shoe you were looking for.

I think she needed to describe the shoes. Man don't understand short directions when it comes to lady stuff.

Well, since she clearly has more than one pair of black shoes, she could have been a little more descriptive than "pretty". Calling them that hardly helps, especially since her boyfriend isn't a mind reader - he doesn't know which pair she thinks is the pretty pair. If I told my boyfriend to bring me my pretty shoes, I'd probably just get an armful of footwear and a boyfriend with an incredibly confused expression. I'm torn between FML and YDI because Op's poor feet must be killing her, but she could have done better description-wise.

Stilettos can be hot, maybe they'll get you some extra tips :p

That's what I was thinking. Hey smart guy you got there. Sexy=bigger tips! You should probably thank him later.

always be precise with men and ni ine will be disappointed.

You probably could have been more specific...

I bet you'll look sexy and get a lot of tips

Make him rub your feet when you're done working.

Well, you won't be underdressed for work

Ouch!! Good luck on your shift. Rake in dem tips.