Baywatch

By GuardOtto - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while lifeguarding, I saw someone in the wave-pool who appeared to be drowning. So, I jumped in to attempt to save him. Turns out he wasn't drowning, he only had one arm. He yelled at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 800
You deserved it 4 906

Top comments

elizzcbs13 0

awww poor guy! but good job for attempting a rescue!

hey, if he had really been drowning and you did nothing it'd be a whole lot worse.

Comments

QueenCrunch 0

"Who appeared to be drowning" What was he doing that you couldn't see if the man had two arms? Anyway, that's pretty funny.

Probably moving his one arm a lot, to compensate for the other. Which is most likely why it seemed the man was drowning. And OP, you did the only thing you could do as a lifeguard, don't take it personally:)

jess522 4

At least you take your job seriously op. I would want a lifeguard to be overly cautious then one who isn't.

s89gtr89 0

OMG! hahaha, you dont even know how hard i was laughing. but its good you went out to save him b/c what if he actually WAS drowning. good job :) (no sarcasm intended) lol.)

s89gtr89 0

Don't worry OP! Chances are, his life sucks a lot more than yours. You should have retorted: I have two hands to ********** with, ha!

You were just doing your job. What if someone really was drowning and all you thought was "nah, it's probably some one armed guy flailing around in the pool."

radkelsie24 0

That is odd. Fyl for not knowing he only had one arm and Fhl for having one arm.

YDI.... and nobody start hatin' on my comment

s89gtr89 0

you all can go die in a hole....

elizzcbs13 0
s89gtr89 0

#61 nothing. i just have a certain hatred towards all people ;) lol

My dad puts bird seed on the ground specifically for the squirrels. ...Well, originally the squirrels. We now get birds, squirrels, chipmunks, groundhogs, rabbits, and deer, all at the birdfeeder.

s89gtr89 0

#102 your my new friend :) lol!

My neighbors never throw old food away; they put it in the woods for the groundhogs. -.- I wasn't convinced we had groundhogs till I saw one the size of a beaver out there. I guess they're too fat and lazy to actually dig underground. In other news: Mmm, waffles.

Groundhogs may be fat, but they can run oddly fast -- it's really funny, they waddle...

s89gtr89 0

the only time i see ground hogs are on the road....smashed, the lottery and punksatauney phil. lol

s89gtr89 0

#102 i mean certain as in a 'special' hatred.