Bake off

By sadman - 07/05/2011 23:10 - United States

Today, it's my three month anniversary with my girlfriend and so I decided to bake her a cake from scratch. It took me three hours, a call to my mom, three different recipe books, and half my pantry. On the way to her house, I stopped to pick up flowers and left the cake in the car. It melted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 654
You deserved it 11 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You would have been ok with just the flowers man. Who celebrates 3 months anyway?

Comments

Cakes don't melt, unless its Ice cream, you did something wrong.

SpectSelf 0

the op is from Oklahoma which means he's probably a dumb backwards ass country hick. Just kidding.

Considering we don't know the age of the OP, it's possible that he's young and unaccustomed to baking. It's also possible that he wanted to do it on his own; if that's the case I could see it taking him a while to find a recipe he's comfortable with.

You clearly can't cook. Practice more before you make something as a gift. I'm not having a go at OP, I'm just stating that they needed to practice lots so they can make food to a gift standard. The thought is sweet, but I personally have learnt from experience to wait until I am good enough at cooking before I cook for others/cook something as a gift. I state again, that the OP is very sweet and thoughtful. I'm not stating otherwise.

anniversary means yearly. anni. annual. once a year.

ILoveYourDespair 0

Lol, cakes clearly don't melt. It was probably the icing they were talking about.

jenn143c 0

not an anniversary, thats a yearly thing.

It *melted*?! Probably best nobody got to eat it, tbh...