Badass

By Anonymous - 12/04/2016 12:29 - United States - Saint Louis

Today, my friend invited me to his boxing club for the first time. Since I'm somewhat short and scrawny-looking, he was worried that the workout would be too difficult for me. I waved him off and told him that I was tougher than I looked. Five minutes into class, I sprained my ankle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 948
You deserved it 4 935

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you're little doesn't mean that you are weak. I was the smallest guy in my platoon in bootcamp and still beat the shit out of my opponents when we did body sparring. Bad luck on the ankle sprain but come back once you are healed and show them what you are made of!!

Comments

I feel like you knew you had what was coming to you. :/ YDI

yuky19 11

I'm short too and I want to prove that I'm not weak but you shouldn't injure yourself to prove it

But first Weenie Hut General to get that sprain checked out!

Then when you're all healed up you go to Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat

First thing I thought of when reading this FML. Glad someone else also thought of this.

Just because you're little doesn't mean that you are weak. I was the smallest guy in my platoon in bootcamp and still beat the shit out of my opponents when we did body sparring. Bad luck on the ankle sprain but come back once you are healed and show them what you are made of!!

mwali02 32

I agree, #4, you don't want to underestimate yourself due to your size. However, if you are doing a physical activity for the first time, I think that there is value in taking your time and perfecting yourself at the sport before trying to blow everyone away. Please be safe next time, OP! Wishing you a speedy healing and recovery! :)

Revenge of the munchkins! Sorry if that's offensive to anyone

I'm small and scrawny too, but advice for the future. If you're stronger than you look don't announce it, let it surprise your opponents

BDanzeisen 20

You're not weak because your small. I hate when people say that. Also, you don't need to injure yourself to prove yourself.

kyu_Q 19

Don't let that stop you OP. While your ankle heals you can work on strengthening your arms. In 6 to 8 weeks you will be good to try again.

Jesus, it only took you five minutes?! Your friends must've been pretty jealous! Last time I sprained my ankle, I was at it for hours.

At least no one told you to break a leg.

Always look on the bright side, the first time my brother took boxing classes he broke one of his toes. Just remember it can always be worst so appreciate that.

Yeah OP, be glad you didn't die. And even if you had you still have to appreciate that it could always be worse.