Bad timing

By lkvetched - 30/08/2016 17:23 - United States - Palestine

Today, I got food poisoning in the middle of the wilderness while hiking in a state park with my husband. I had to tend to nature several times before we reached our car. The only supplies I had was a bottle of water and a laminated trail map. It was part of an anniversary trip. How romantic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 996
You deserved it 1 048

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't remember seeing this muddy section on the map earlier... Uh...

Well this is how you know your husband the one: he'll still love you even after dealing with all your shit.

Comments

I don't remember seeing this muddy section on the map earlier... Uh...

kimeatszombies 22

Reminds me of that camping episode of Bob's Burgers. Don't eat raw trout, kids.

tounces7 27

What I hate is that restaurants can do this and get away with it all the time. There's really squat you can do when they don't follow safe food handling practices and poison you.

So... is the FML that you got food poisoning, that you got food poisoning on your anniversary, that your husband has a shitty (pun intended) taste in anniversary gifts, or all of the above?

I don't really think this is all that confusing. It's bad all around.

I personally would love that as an anniversary gift (minus the food poisoning, of course) and I'm not even athletic or do stuff like hiking.

It's because the food poisoning ruined their anniversary trip. Is it really that difficult to figure out? As for the "shitty taste in anniversary gifts", just because you wouldn't enjoy something doesn't mean others don't. And personally I think a walk/hike through the woods with nobody but my SO would be quite lovely.

Well this is how you know your husband the one: he'll still love you even after dealing with all your shit.

Well I don't really think this would qualify as dealing with OP's shit, unless she gets food poisoning on a regular basis.

No matter where you go hiking, you should always bring materials and/or a First Aid kit in case something like this happened. Be ready for the worst, even if it's extremely unlikely.

Especially if you're hiking somewhere you would need a map. Sure, state parks are a hell of a lot safer than hiking in the wilderness or backcountry, but you never know when something might happen when nobody is around.

katachristic 19

Sucks that you got food poisoning, but you really should have been more prepared. At least you did bring some water and the map.

ALWAYS take a roll of toilet paper on hikes, preferably biodegradable or bring a plastic bag too. Sorry that your stomach ache ruined your anniversary outing though.

did you happen to eat any of that other guy's spaghetti bolognese?