Back off

By Cassidy - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out that my crush didn't make up a fake girlfriend to get me jealous; he made her up as a way to tell me to back off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 509
You deserved it 36 611

Top comments

frozenshake 5

Wow, that's just sad... You should get an imaginary boyfriend-- not to make him jealous, but just so you won't be lonely.

Theres a difference between crush and stalking(; Just back off.

Comments

Dear OP, If this isn't reason enough to follow that lead, I don't know what is. He's... making up people... to drop hints. He *could* simply tell you exactly how he feels, but he opted to go the fabricate-a-new-person-route. There's a word for this type of behavior, and that word is: pathetic. Might be time to ask yourself why you like him, then take it from there.

dontpanic_fml 32

Are you missing the part where OP somehow managed to think that her crush was trying to make her jealous by inventing a girlfriend? How could you come to that conclusion? You are calling the wrong person pathetic. I'm not saying we all shouldn't be straightforward, but do you know how desperate you can get when you have a creepyass stalker?

No, didn't miss it. Error in interpretation. Came to conclusion because regardless of OP's presumptions or crush's intentions, he *still* fabricated new people instead of just being straightforward. Didn't even need to say it, could have sent text "not interested" or called, if he was in the d-bag department. Many other options other than creating people. I stand by my assessment of that being pathetic behavior. No, I don't know how desperate I would become. I opt to handle things directly with precision once I'm made aware of their existence. It wouldn't happen. Question remains for OP. Hopefully time to move on.

You actually though it was to make you jealous?! Wow...

I think that officially makes you a "creep-a-majeep," in technical terms.

And big deal if he was. Poor guy. Doesn't know to come out. But the OP was probably coming on too strong.

flakitaa22 0

the mere fact you think him telling you having another girlfriend (real or not) only means he wants to make you jalous proves you are a creepy stalker. How many times, and over what period of time, did he tell to back off before he desperately invented a girlfriend hoping you finally would stop stalking him ?

Well, at least he doesn't have a real girlfriend either... But that just sucks.. I'm sorry :(

Why would he tell you that to get you jealous? Whenever some jerk asks me out, I tell him I'm taken cuz I want him to back off. Maybe stop obsessing over him, OP?