Awww, sweetie

By Jess-zee - 10/05/2009 20:42 - Canada

Today, I took my mom out to a fancy restaurant, and spent close to $300 on her Mother's Day present. Later, my little brother drew her a card with crayons on pink construction paper. She cried. He's 20 years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 002
You deserved it 6 400

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sexiled4life 0

just goes to show money doesn't buy happiness

At least your Mom cares for the sentimental things. Mine bitched at me for not getting her anything. I'm 1,000 miles away and unemployeed. Called her several times throughout the day to at least wish her a Happy Mother's Day. She never picked up. She only called back to bitch at me.

Comments

maggie_gxx 0

maybe it really touched her heart you never know; and money isn't everything. sometimes the best presents aren't expensive. or maybe she was crying because it was so bad haha?

dancing_bear 0

$300 and a fancy restaurant? Are you trying to get her to forgive you for something?

skyttlz 32

he spent 300 AT the restraunt

Wow, she must have been really disappointed with how bad that gift was.

kellster 2

Well, you overspent in the first place. $300, on Mother's Day??? Sounds a little pretentious to me. Were you trying to make your brother/other siblings look bad? Why didn't you go in on something together? Obviously your bro's homemade thing meant more to her personally than whatever you chose. Although, I mean, better spending too much than too little! I hope she liked what you got her, even if there weren't tears.

Its the thought that counts, not the amount spent on the present.

yes, somebody else's professionally printed bullshit is so much more touching than something handmade, with a message of the creator's own choosing...

Sessee 4

Dude. I gave my mom a pop-out flower card that I made with some witty comments and cute pictures of cats and she was perfectly happy with it. So. You fail.

I guess you know who the favourite is :P Thats like my older brother, My mom tries to deny it but we all know he's the favourite no matter what he does. lol are you a middle child? i find the middle children are always the one that gets less attention... but lol i guess i agree with #1 as well.

beaner12 0

angelraven i agree im the middle child and i get less attention

She tell you to spend that much? It was your decision. It's gone, get over it. Buy your brother a helmet for his birthday. Sounds like he needs it.

Home made things are nicer than flashing your cash.