Are you new?

By Anonymous - 28/06/2012 02:28 - United States - Lakewood

Today, while walking around the local thrift store, I noticed an attractive guy watching me and following me through the aisles. As he followed me to my car I was sure I would get his number. He then asks me to bring my purse inside as I had been tagged as a shoplifter. I work at the store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 747
You deserved it 2 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seems like a strange thing for some guy to do... Going around accusing others of shoplifting. Especially if he doesn't work there.

Comments

perdix 29

Tell him if he buys you a few drinks, he can do a cavity search. Rawr!

jaredofmo 22

Man, I hate being "ghosted." I remember when it happened while I was grocery shopping because I had a gym bag with me (which I kept in the bottom of the cart the entire time). The security guard was terrible at being being subtle, and even prevented store employees from assisting me. Needless to say, I never went back to that store. He may have been cute, girl, but seriously, his type suck.

Of course, had it been an unattractive guy, it would have been "creepy" and the OP would have feared for her (well, or possibly his, it's not specified) safety. Beauty = goodness, after all.

Well, that's always what tends to happen here on FML....

firefighterjohn 9

so employees steal stuff too. just bc you work there doesn't mean you can get out of it. fail excuse if u did steal it

Just letting you know, if you went back into the store with him and they searched your belongings and you DID NOT steal, you CAN sue. It's about a $10,000 lawsuit.

Why would she go back into the store in the first place? They aren't police, they don't have any legal authority.

Because then they could call the police with her plate number.

Legally they can't stop you from leaving. Even if the door alarms at wal mart goes off all they can legally do is ask you to come back in or take down you plate number and call the cops. It's called illegal detention, and if they grab you, it's third degree assault.

noisebox 1

The guy sounds like a retard on the loose, in a thrift store, who's gonna steal used underware with skid marks?

FML_14u2c 14

You work there and don't know who the loss-prevention people are? YDI...

I use to work at a Home Depot years ago and they decided to test the whole store by asking ALL the guys from RECEIVING to come in on one of their days off one weekend and told them to walk out of the store with large or noticeable items. The objective was for all of us day and evening workers to stop the night shift workers and ask for a receipt. Well the whole store failed because we were told to behave as a family which means you don't think suspicious thoughts about your co-workers. If the jackass suspected you of stealing he should have stopped you in the store.

So now I know if I get a job at Home Depot I can steal anything I want

Its not shoplifting till they are out of the store. Even if its in their purse, pants, or something like that.

At least now you know it's hard for people to tail you without spooking you and failing the mission.