Are straight men OK?

By Unloving - 31/12/2009 21:47 - United States

Today, a man proposed to me in classic style on one knee. Unfortunately, I have been telling this man for the last two months that I don't even want to date him. He thinks I'm playing hard to get and is not giving up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 171
You deserved it 5 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's alittle creepy. I gotta say. Sorry.

Tell him to buy you a new Lexus and then you'll think about it. If he does it, tell him you think he's insane and you just don't see yourself spending the rest of your life with an insane person (but thank him for the car). If he doesn't do it, tell him he obviously doesn't really love you. Either way, you win. There's always a positive side to every bizarre situation.

Comments

onceuponapenis 0

that's when you get mace and spray the shit outta him. and then say NO! thn we wil see his fml on here. Ah a beautiful cycle.

Wait, you don't want to date him, and so he responds to that by driving it straight home and proposing to you? It must have been a little difficult to turn him down (I'm assuming you're not completely heartless). Were you being forthright and direct in your refusal to date him? If you've already tried to tell him, all I can suggest is an attorney and (possibly) a restraining order. Or telling it to him exactly like it is. Be cold-blooded and blunt and give him the giant NO. You may use a more elaborate method of saying it, of course. Walk away; if you stick around, he's likely to persist. Mace him, maybe?

xxdakotaxx 0

I would suggest a restraining order...but they don't do that for creepy people yet.

jennay8288 1

That stinks. Is he special, or?

laurabloodycasin 0

Why does everyone assume restraining orders fall from the sky? News flash: they don't. There has to be reason, not just proposing to a woman who isn't interested. If he threatened to gouge her eyes out and eat them if she didn't marry him, you could get lucky and be a candidate. They only last a short while, and really solve nothing. There's no bubble surrounding you like a force field. No cop to follow you and protect you. Essentially, it does nothing.

Yea, laurabloodycasin? I didn't suggest that restraining orders don't "fall from the sky". NEWS FLASH: I already knew that, bitch. Stop acting like you're the authority on the subject. And threatening to gouge out someone's eyes if they don't accept a marriage proposal is not quite grounds for a restraining order. Those are empty words unless substantiated with attempted action.

goinforbaroque74 4

I said yes to a guy who said he wasn't going to give up...I figured if he wasn't going to give up EVER, I may as well say 'yes.' Hindsight is 20/20. Now that I actually have some self esteem, we're divorced. Since you've never even accepted a date with this guy, he really needs to see the writing on the wall. He totally doesn't know you well enough to propose. I would wear a shirt that reads '{his name here} I'm not interested!' This does count as harassment, btw...

You said yes and married a guy you didn't want to just because he said he wouldn't give up?