And I oop

By porkers gonna pork :\ - 12/03/2016 15:09 - Australia - Elsternwick

Today, I met one of my fiancé's coworkers. Normally I'd never ask how far along someone's pregnancy is without being 100% sure they're not just fat, but she seemed fit. Well, I now know that virtually all the fat in some people's bodies can go straight to their gut and nowhere else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 829
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if the person seems fit, you still NEVER ask, as bodies can be very deceiving. You should have listened to your own rule.

catwomam 15

I just follow the rule of never EVER asking ANY woman if she's pregnant unless the words "I am pregnant" come out of her mouth.

Comments

Yeah happened to 2 of my coworkers. One came to me asking me if my teammate XXX was pregnant and I said no, she just put on weight. She was really embarrassed because she admitted asking her how far along she was, the other just walked away without saying anything. In fairness to my mate, the girl in question is not really big but has a massive beer belly due to bad diet and too much drinking. I knew it was just fat because I was in the same team as her but my mate rarely saw her. It sucks OP but you didn’t mean to offend her, did you? As to everyone saying: “why even ask?”. It seems like a normal topic to discuss when you meet someone who is pregnant. I’m pretty sure that most pregnant women would be happy that you show interest as long as you don’t get invasive and start providing unwanted advices.

Garnetshaddow 30

YDI. It's never ok to ask that unless you see them in labor. Seriously. Also, YDI because your username doesn't make you seem that sorry.

Best to never ask unless people start making reference to it themselves.

when i started my job in 2012, there was a lady like that. everything checked out to be normal except a belly, a good sized one. well its from drinking and whatnot i guess. i didnt ask. i just found out later. but it did seem odd, face, arms etc skinny and small. lol i guess beer somethimes can gather at one spot too, good thing i didnt ask, otherwise id have an fml too

Interesting enough beer does not cause beer bellies

TAntobella 14

It's most likely to be IBS, not beer.

That totally sucks! But not keen on the user name, seems a bit fat shaming to me? I might be reading it wrong though

Usually a pregnant woman will be walking around holding or touching her belly all the time. That's how I tell.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Or, ask if they have any kids. Normally they will say "yes/no, and I'm pregnant with another" or something along the lines. Good way to find out without sounding like a douchebag.

To those asking how to ask if a woman's pregnant: Mention pregnancy and children in the conversation. If they want you to know they'll let you know. (Or just look for that stereotypical "glow" and the small woodland animals rushing to bask in her maternal energy)

Rule one to asking if someone's pregnant: Don't. No matter what even if they seem fit and look it. Wait for them to bring it up.

When I was 18 I was fairly bloated from being on my period and had a customer at the clothing store I worked at come up to me and start asking me if I was eating watermelon seeds. After saying I wasn't pregnant I walked to the back and cried in the wearhouse. Never assume.

OP. I've been there done much worse. I worked for a jewelry store and a chick was looking @ engagement rings. she had a HUGE belly with the pregger bellybutton to match. that USUALLY a tale tell sign that one is pregnant. so I RUBBED her belly and said "aw when are you due?" she looked at me and said..."I'm not" and as I was ready to DIE of embarrassment she added "It's ok, you're not the first to ask"....

Holy cow, you should never touch someone else without their permission. I don't understand how anyone (man or woman) can think they have the right to rub someones belly, pregnant or not. You totally deserve it, F their life.

Even if she was pregnant, you don't touch them without permission.

You thought it was ok to touch a stranger just because you thought she was pregnant? Seriously?