AMERICA, **** YEAH!

By WhataStrangeTripThisIs - 25/09/2022 23:30

Today, I was born and raised in Georgia, and later moved to Florida for college. I'm not sure which state has more embarrassing representation right now. I'm literally scared of what new laws might be passed, or what rights taken away. I wish I had enough money to move to another country. FML
I agree, your life sucks 937
You deserved it 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He hasn't done anything immoral, and college education is a waste of money? You sound like a brainwashed Bible-thumbing Trump supporter.

Florida is far more embarrassing now. DeSantis doesn't have enough migrants, so he tricks asylum seekers to come from Texas just so he can look tough. What a prick!

Comments

Florida is far more embarrassing now. DeSantis doesn't have enough migrants, so he tricks asylum seekers to come from Texas just so he can look tough. What a prick!

You don’t like it then go back. Nothing he has done is illegal or immoral. Just keep wasting your money on college education though

He hasn't done anything immoral, and college education is a waste of money? You sound like a brainwashed Bible-thumbing Trump supporter.

Doom_Kitty 12

...and that is exactly why the civilized world thinks Americans are idiots. It's sad for the ones that aren't.

Seeing as one of your past comments is "Incest is best. Y’all can put that to the test" I safely assume there's a banjo playing somewhere.

Marcella1016 31

You don’t need to move to another country. Join us up north. It really is like a whole different country, compared to many backwards Southern states.

Unfortunately the states of the old Confederacy (US Civil War 1861-1865) are at times an embarrassment. I know - I am originally from MS and eventually retired to AL (MS and AL are virtually twin states). Obviously not everyone here is a racist, homophobic, Bible-thumping A-hole but there are definitely some like that… In my career as an engineer I lived all over the USA. Every region has its pluses and minuses. And the South (meaning the states of the former Confederacy) is not without its positive attributes. In the end, probably like in my career, you will likely move where you can find a good job and discover for yourself the good and bad of various regions of the USA - It’s not necessary to emigrate. I would personally have recommended northern CA but not in the expensive meccas of the San Francisco or San Jose areas as a good trade off for environment, cost of living, and job opportunities. Southern CA is too crowded and too dry. I also found upstate NY to be pleasant - except during winter! By the way, with the demise of national abortion rights be very, very careful not to get anyone pregnant!

Vesi 29

Since you are in college, I'm assuming you can now legally vote. The only way to remove the embarrassments is to VOTE them out. You may feel like, "But I'm just one vote!" But all those "just one votes" add up. Please, get involved and be part of the change that is rather desperately needed.

@Vesi - Not while the electoral college still exists.

If you move out of the country, avoid Brazil and the Philippines. Especially Brazil.

Michelleg42 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway