Today, I've always needed to share stories about things that made me upset to my boyfriend, and I thought he was my safe place to do so. I've always talked to him, and so has he. If he got upset, he'd tell me what's bothering him. Now he says he doesn't like it because I always talk to him about it. Now I have no one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 510
You deserved it 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe get a therapist if your overloading the boyfriend. Most insurance will cover it 100%.

Did you just vent to him, or were you trying to figure out how to deal with what upsets you? When some of us hear about these things, our instinct is to try to solve it. After realizing the venter isn't even considering the solutions and just wanted to bloviate, we get angry with the futility. Is this what you did to him?

Comments

Maybe get a therapist if your overloading the boyfriend. Most insurance will cover it 100%.

FYL and YDI. It's unfortunate he told you that, but you can't go to him for absolutely everything, either; that's not fair to him. Find ways to self soothe at least once in a while and find at least one other person you trust to confide in. He may not be telling you everything that bothers him, too.

Did you just vent to him, or were you trying to figure out how to deal with what upsets you? When some of us hear about these things, our instinct is to try to solve it. After realizing the venter isn't even considering the solutions and just wanted to bloviate, we get angry with the futility. Is this what you did to him?

That sounds rough. There are two imbalances to consider here: First, he's doing 100% of your emotional support, and is burned out on it. That needs to be spread around to friends, therapists, online support groups, venting in appropriate forums, etc. Second, there needs to be positive stuff that you share with him, to balance out the negative. Bring him the things that you're happy about. Do things with him that you both enjoy. He needs to see the delight side of you, not just (or even mostly) the misery side. You should be able to bring him stuff. But not all the stuff, and not all the time.