Air filters

By David - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Seattle

Today, my mother-in-law moved in because she has a hip problem. I don't know what's worse, her constant complaining and slob like tendencies, or the eight cats she brought along with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 420
You deserved it 2 221

Top comments

soullessgingers 0

If she's living in your house, you need to set lines and not let her run you over.

Comments

zuzupetalsYO 11

OP-YDI for allowing this in your home. Now, whenever you go somewhere people are going to be thinking that you smell like cat.

Game over OP. There's no hope anymore.

soullessgingers 0

If she's living in your house, you need to set lines and not let her run you over.

Indeed. Cats can take care of themselves. Put some food bowls outside, they'll survive. And just let her know you don't like the way she's acting. Might make a change. At least try.

teamlightskin 14

Ok, she lives like she is a pig. On the bright side, pigs and dogs are the easiest animals to train! But i dont know if i could live with all those cats. She better not use her hip problems as an excuse not to clean up behind them! If its that bad, then the cats need to go.

I must be tired because I read that as "slob like tentacles, or she ate the cats she brought with her."

xXxIracebethxXx 14

But she can certainly help her complaining and slob-like tendencies. OP - Even though she is your mother, tell her to get a grip, or you will put her in a hospital without her precious 8 cats. Threat! Threat! Threat!

xXxIracebethxXx 14
xXxIracebethxXx 14

Well, this is awkward. Two fails in a row. Gah...

Bunaf 4

Your house, your rules. If your mother-in-law won't obey your rules, she is welcome to live elsewhere.

Exactly OP, Make her tidy up and give some of those kitties up for adoption. Even I can admit that's way to many cats for one house. If she doesn't want to comply OP, kick her out.

Don't let your mother in law walk all over you! She needs to respect your house and your rules. And it sounds like she needs to smarten up. You're being nice by letting her stay there. Make sure she knows you aren't afraid to kick her out.

My guess is that it's probably not up to him. His wife probably wouldn't agree if he told his mother-in-law to hit the bricks.

kittycat2007 18

yes, especially since in most cities it is illegal to own that many cats. Put your foot down op. Explain to yoyr wife that you love her but this is a heavy strain on your marriage/lives and by setting rules you are trying to reduce the stress so *everyone* is happier

Eight??? Wow. But if you told your spouse that she could move in, then you really have nothing to complain about.

I agree here but there's a small possibility OPs husband didn't run it by her before moving his mother in! if he thought she'd be okay with it he may have just said yes! but still, even if she did know she does have the right to complain if she's being a pain to live with!

Of course OP can complain. It's his house. Just because you invite someone into your home, doesn't mean they can walk all over you once they're in.